Exposed by Kimberly Marcus

Exposed

by Kimberly Marcus

This book has a really interesting style, it's written entirely in verse and even though this means there are way less words that a traditional story, I didn't feel it lacked in anyway.
Great writing, great story line. I really enjoyed it. ( )
  bookish92 | Mar 20, 2014 |
Liz and Kate are best friends who have planned out their whole life together including being bridesmaids in each others weddings, children, colleges, the works. But then one night changes everything. Kate accuses Liz's brother of raping her, he says it was just sex.
Liz has to decide for herself who is telling the truth. she has to deal with the whole school finding out and dealing with all the whispers and rumors.
What do you do when your whole world falls apart and you are not sure which way is up? ( )
  TeamDewey | Feb 13, 2014 |
A compelling, emotional story but this is one of those novels in verse that seems more prose than verse. Where's the poetry? ( )
  Sullywriter | Apr 3, 2013 |
One can only imagine what it felt like to be Kate and having to explain what happen to her. Rape is an unforgettable tradegy for a person and it is unfair and cruel. Liz is stuck between her brother, who is accused of raping her best friend,and Kate. Its an incredible story of an impossibly happy outcome. Things will happen in every child's life and Liz helps to explain that although you will never forget, you must moved forward in your life. This book is a quick and easy read. This book will bring about a lot of discussion on Liz and Kate's actions in the book. ( )
  Mmarcel2011 | Feb 2, 2013 |
This book wasn't anything special. I mean, don't get me wrong, the idea behind the book could have made an amazing story, given more thought and time for writing. A really great thing about this book is that it doesn't drag on and on at the beginning. It gets straight to the point. When books take forever to even start explaining the main plot, I just put them down, not bothering with the rest. I started and finished this book in the same day. It honestly was a lovely read. Not to mention, I'm a sucker for books written in verse. It helps the story flow and is very easy on the eyes. To be honest, if it wasn't written in verse, I probably wouldn't have finished it. I give this book 3 stars. It really is a great story, it just needed to be written better. ( )
  breaking_andrea | Sep 16, 2012 |

In the dim light of the darkroom, I'm alone, but not for long.
As white turns to gray, Kate is with me.
The background of the dance studio blurred, so the focus is all on her
legs extended in a perfect soaring split.
The straight line to my squiggle,
my forever-best friend.

Sixteen-year-old Liz is Photogirl—sharp, focused and confident in what she sees through her camera lens. Confident that she and Kate will be best friends forever.

But everything changes in one blurry night. Suddenly, Kate is avoiding her, and people are looking the other way when she passes in the halls. As the aftershocks from a startling accusation rip through Liz's world, everything she thought she knew about photography, family, friendship and herself shifts out of focus. What happens when the picture you see no longer makes sense? What do you do when you may lose everything you love most? Told in stunning, searingly raw free verse, Exposed is Kimberly Marcus's gut-wrenching, riveting debut and will appeal to fans of Ellen Hopkins, Laurie Halse Anderson and Virginia Euwer Wolff.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:23:01 -0400)

High school senior Liz, a gifted photographer, can no longer see things clearly after her best friend accuses Liz's older brother of a terrible crime.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,391,825 books! | Top bar: Always visible