Rediscovering Your Happily Ever After:…

by PeggySue Wells

Member:mookiekat
Title:Rediscovering Your Happily Ever After: Moving from Hopeless to Hopeful as a Newly Divorced Mother
Authors:PeggySue Wells
Info:Kregel Publications (2010), Paperback, 224 pages

Rediscovering Your Happily Ever After: Moving from Hopeless to Hopeful as a Newly Divorced Mother by PeggySue Wells

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Peggy Sue is a great woman, and a smart woman. I think her book has a lot of good valuable info for alot of different people. ( )
  joycedlee | Nov 3, 2011 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Among some groups of evangelical Christians, divorce and remarriage remains the "unpardonable sin." Any pastor finds it dificult to miantain a high regard for the sanctity of marriage while ministering to people whose marriages have crumbled and ended. These wonderful people now stuggle with fears of failure and rejection.

Peggy Sue Wells helps the reader to realize that this kind of failure is not final. There can be happiness and fullfillment after divorce. While not endorsing divorce as an option, she does give hope to those who have suffered through this traumatic ordeal. ( )
  RonStarcher | Aug 11, 2011 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
i found this book to be extremely refreshing. even though i have been divorced for over ten years there were things i realized through reading this bood that i had never dealt with. peggysue well's book helped me to reevaluate my life and set new bounderies. it also was very efficient in giving confidence in who i am and who i can be. i would recommend this book to any organization or group of people that are trying to help those newly divorced or those who are still struggling. many positive and uplifting passages to commit to heart. excellant book for all who are hurting from any failed relationship.
  mookiekat | May 16, 2011 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I am not divorced but i can see the book to help in alot of different situations to get over negative feeling or past.
I liked how she used stories from celebrities, scriptures, her friends and her own life shows good and bad examples. gives easy plans to change for the better. ( )
  rhonda1111 | Jan 25, 2011 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I'm divorced, but I'm not a divorced women with children. In many ways I had a hard time relating to this book, but I think some of the principles apply whether or not you have children. I also thought the metaphor with fairy tales was ingenious - after all, marriage is sometimes viewed in a fairy tale sense.
  spacmann | Dec 17, 2010 |
I enjoyed the book how she used her experience the good and bad. than she used stories from celebrities, scriptures her life.
gave examples that could help a lot of different situations besides getting over divorced.
added by rhonda1111 | editlibrary thing, RHONDA1111

Writing with the empathy of someone who has seen and survived divorce, PeggySue Wells offers a practical and encouraging resource for the newly divorced woman. With inspiring Scripture passages, light humor, and sage advice, Rediscovering Your Happily Ever After gives vital steps to reestablish emotional and spiritual health-and nurture children at the same time.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:31 -0400)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

PeggySue Wells's book Rediscovering Your Happily Every After was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,161,177 books! | Top bar: Always visible