Christmas at The Mysterious Bookshop by Otto…

Christmas at The Mysterious Bookshop (edition 2010)

by Otto Penzler

Member:malafarmer
Title:Christmas at The Mysterious Bookshop
Authors:Otto Penzler
Info:Vanguard Press (2010), Edition: Book Club, Hardcover, 256 pages

Christmas at The Mysterious Bookshop by Otto Penzler

I’m a big fan of Otto Penzler’s mystery story compendiums and am particularly fond of his Christmas collections. I picked this one up on my trip to New York. This collection of short stories is inspired by the Christmas holiday and all stories (be they funny, creepy, clever et al) are set (at least in part) in the Mysterious Bookshop. It features stories by Mary Higgins Clark, Lawrence Block, Ed McBain, Donald Westlake, Thomas Cook, and more. Really worth a look and a great addition to your holiday reading list. ( )
  SarahEBear | Dec 2, 2015 |
Interesting basis for generating some mystery short stories. ( )
  jamespurcell | Apr 25, 2015 |
What a great collection of short stories. Famed editor, publisher, Mysterious Bookshop owner and book collection Otto Penzler commissions a short story each year, for Christmas, from a famous author. The only requirement is that at least part of the story has to involve his Bookshop. Due to popular demand, he has gathered the stories together for everyone to read. Just a quick look at the authors will tell you that you are in for a treat. There is Lawrence Block, Mary Higgens Clark, Rupert Holmes, Ed McBain, S.J. Rozan and Donald E. Westlake, plus 10 others.

Some of the stories I liked better than others but all are wonderful, if you love books and like short stories, give this book a read, you won't be sorry. ( )
  bookswoman | Jan 5, 2015 |
Christmas at the Mysterious Bookshop
17 mystery writers are given a task each Christmas to come up with a very short story surrounding one item-the bookstore in NYC.
I liked the stories and some I felt I didn't get the whole thing because they were so short. Going to get other works by the authors and read their longer works as they were interesting to listen to.
  jbarr5 | Jun 11, 2014 |
A collection of Christmas stories by established authors, all commissioned by Otto Penzler, the proprietor of the Mysterious Bookshop in New York. Every year, Penzler would ask a mystery writer to write a short Christmas mystery, and include the Mysterious Bookshop in the story. He has gathered them into this fun collection, and I enjoyed reading them all! ( )
  tloeffler | Dec 24, 2013 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,361,928 books! | Top bar: Always visible