Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

The Very Best of Charles de Lint by Charles…

The Very Best of Charles de Lint (edition 2014)

by Charles de Lint

Member:djryan
Title:The Very Best of Charles de Lint
Authors:Charles de Lint
Info:Triskell Press (2014), Kindle Edition, 433 pages
Collections:Kindle, eBook, Your library
Rating:***
Tags:fantasy, urban fantasy, short story

The Very Best of Charles de Lint by Charles de Lint

This was an excellent collection of stories by Charles de Lint. De Lint was one of my favorite authors many years ago and I am not sure why I stopped reading him. This collection of stories really brings home all the things I loved about de Lint; he is just such a creative storyteller and excellent writer.

The first few stories were about Meran and her husband Ceran and the bodachs that make mischief in their lives. These were fun and entertaining to read. These stories were followed by a number of stories featuring Jilly Coppercorn and Geordie; I always love these stories a lot as well.

A couple of my favorites were: “Merlin Dreams in the Mondream Wood” (about a woman who visits Merlin while he is trapped in a tree) and “The Graceless Child” about a young half-trow girl who saves the world of Dream.

Overall this was an amazing collection of stories by de Lint. He was one of my favorite authors when I was in my 20's and reading this makes me wonder why I haven't read him in a long time. De Lint is an amazing storyteller and the author that introduced me to urban fantasy. I highly recommend this collection of stories they are just so well done. ( )
  krau0098 | Jul 7, 2018 |
Reminded me why I've always loved this author ( )
  maryzee | Jun 5, 2018 |
An outstanding collection of short stories. An outstanding read. ( )
  sundowneruk | Feb 2, 2016 |
I tried but could not get into this collection of stories. In fact, my thoughts were "if this is his best, I'm glad I'm not seeing his worst!" I stopped reading about a third of the way through the book because I wasn't enjoying it. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Jan 17, 2016 |
I really enjoy Charles de Lint's writing. Some of these stories seemed a tad dated, but I enjoyed learning some of the early history of Newford. ( )
  iBeth | May 7, 2015 |

Lint, Charles deprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Vess, CharlesCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This one's for my readers with a deep appreciation for all your support over the years

With special thanks to the readers on my social media pages who helped me choose these stories.
Over the years I've put together a mumber of collections of my own work. (Introduction)

CONTENTS:

Pal o' Mine
That was Radio Clash
Old Man Crow
The Fields Beyond the Fields

"These retold fairy tales and modern myths redefine magic through de Lint's enchanted characters: playful Crow Girls sneaking into the homes of their sleeping neighbors; a graffiti artist risking everything to expose a long-standing conspiracy; a half-human girl choosing between her village and her strange birthright; and an unrepentant trickster throwing one last party in his folkloric tradition" --Cover, p. 4.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,478,684 books! | Top bar: Always visible