Go Ask Alice by Anonymous

Go Ask Alice (original 1971; edition 2005)

by Anonymous

Member:edspicer
Title:Go Ask Alice
Authors:Anonymous
Info:Simon Pulse (2005), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 224 pages

Go Ask Alice by Beatrice Sparks (1971)

Wir Kinder vom Bahnhof Zoo by Christiane F. (anthrofashion)
    anthrofashion: A true story in West-Berlin from 1976-1978. Christiane become addicted to heroine at the age of 13. Heartbreaking.
    Crank by Ellen Hopkins (SandSing7)

English (168)  German (1)  All languages (169)
Very quick, easy read, but kind of stupid. Definitely not a real diary (who would be able to keep their diary with them while strung out and homeless??)

Also, ending kind of stupid.

This was just an attempt from the Beatrice author to have kids read to point out that they're "not alone" in their insecure teenage thoughts and to talk to their parents or others.

Could have been a lot better. a bit disappointing ( )
  GettinBetter | Jun 27, 2016 |
I may have rated this higher if it hadn't been marketed as a "true account". Far-fetched and came off more as bad anti-drug propaganda, then a through full account of the horrors of substance-abuse and addiction. ( )
  BrittanyLyn | Jun 22, 2016 |
Before I read go ask Alice I read letting Ana go, now I know ones about drugs and the other is about anorexia but personally I liked letting Ana go a lot better than go ask Alice. However I cannot wait to read Lucy in the sky and jays journal! ( )
  bethanyrenee13 | May 13, 2016 |
I read this book when I was fifteen. I don’t care whether it’s fact or fiction; I was engrossed.

A fifteen year old girl writes in her journal almost every day for a year about her spiral into a world of drugs. ( )
  jenn88 | Feb 14, 2016 |
I gave this four stars when I read it several years ago, but I wonder what I'd think if I read it now. Given what I know of the author, I don't think it'd be favorable. Write your cautionary fiction, that's fine. Don't pretend it's nonfiction.
  mirikayla | Feb 8, 2016 |

Sparks, Beatriceprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Beluffi, MaxAfterwordsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Campert, RemcoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Corsi, C.Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Yesterday I remember thinking I was the happiest person in the whole earth, in the whole galaxy, in all of God's creation.
Now known to have been written by Beatrice Sparks

This book pretends to be the diary of an anonymous teen in the sixties who becomes addicted to drugs. Actually it's a forgery, the work of Mormon psychologist Beatrice Sparks (and possibly others).

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0689817851, Mass Market Paperback)

The torture and hell of adolescence has rarely been captured as clearly as it is in this classic diary by an anonymous, addicted teen. Lonely, awkward, and under extreme pressure from her "perfect" parents, "Anonymous" swings madly between optimism and despair. When one of her new friends spikes her drink with LSD, this diarist begins a frightening journey into darkness. The drugs take the edge off her loneliness and self-hate, but they also turn her life into a nightmare of exalting highs and excruciating lows. Although there is still some question as to whether this diary is real or fictional, there is no question that it has made a profound impact on millions of readers during the more than 25 years it has been in print. Despite a few dated references to hippies and some expired slang, Go Ask Alice still offers a jolting chronicle of a teenager's life spinning out of control.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:36 -0400)

A fifteen-year-old drug user chronicles her daily struggle to escape the pull of the drug world.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,482,857 books! | Top bar: Always visible