Fall for Anything by Courtney Summers

Fall for Anything

by Courtney Summers

If Beth doesn't get eaten by angry snakes at some point after this book finishes, then the world knows no justice. ( )
  thebookmagpie | Mar 13, 2016 |
Meaning. We all search for it or believe it is tangled up in our day to day. But we look for, beg for meaning most when the unthinkable happens. Eddie's search for meaning takes her on a journey with her father's former assistant, Culler Evans.

The search for meaning is primarily what this book is about. Death changes the people left behind. Some become bolder, while others turn inward.Watching Eddie and her mother cope (or not) with the sudden loss of her father is heartbreaking, but impossible to look away from.

The turn of events in the novel is surprising. Without giving away some necessary details, I can't comment further. So I'll skip ahead and say that some of the best endings are in the form of beginnings. ( )
  jennk | Mar 11, 2016 |
  hoegbottom | Jan 30, 2016 |
  hoegbottom | Jan 30, 2016 |
I was extremely disappointed in this book after reading "Some Girls Are." I found 17 year-old Eddie extremely irritating and didn't like her narrative voice at all. Even though she was questioning the suicide of her father, I found it difficult to empathise with her. Culler Evans, her father's student, was unbelievable and I couldn't understand why he did what he did. In fact, the only character I really liked was Eddie's best friend, Milo. Despite the way Eddie treated him at times he stood by her and was there for her whenever she needed a helping hand. A ho-hum read! ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 22, 2016 |
&
(always)
Lori Thibert
My hands are dying.

I stare at the bonfire until I realize it’s fallen quiet and everyone is staring at me. “Oh. It’s okay,” I say to Deacon. “It’s okay.” “Sorry about your dad,” Deacon says. “That was supremely fucked up.” “Yeah,” I agree. “It was.” “Is it true your mom’s like, catatonic?” “Deacon!” Jenna. “What?” Deacon asks. “It’s not like we’re not all thinking it.”
A gritty story of one girl’s attempt to make sense of her father’s untimely death…

As she searches for clues that would explain the suicide of her successful photographer father, Eddie Reeves meets the strangely compelling Culler Evans who seems to know a great deal about her father and could hold the key to the mystery surrounding his death.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,817,584 books! | Top bar: Always visible