Member:
Authors:
Info:
Collections:

The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (hermionewannabe)
    hermionewannabe: It is a controlled society like the Forest of Hands and Teeth books. If you like dystopian books, i highly recommend "The Hunger Games".

There are a lot of things going wrong in this book that added up to basically the most boring postapocalyptic zombie novel I've ever read. The dialogue is trite, and every single emotion is over-explained. It's like watching a badly-acted soap opera: they're supposed to be having Really Dramatic Feelings, but it comes across very flat. Also, with every book in this trilogy, the ruin and devastation is amped up, which means the happy endings ring more and more false. When the whole world is a town in the forest and you find a city, that's a happy ending - when the city is destroyed and the whole world is dead and you find a boat, that's....not so much. ( )
  jen.e.moore | Oct 29, 2014 |
read this thinking it was a book on it's own, not part of a trilogy.
Only just found out it is.
Can't figure out wether that's a good or a bad thing. ( )
  lisa.isselee | Sep 26, 2014 |
I don't think this one is quite as good as the other two, but a nice wrap up. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |
The saving grace of this series for me. The main character of this story is much easier to connect to than the previous two. I was pretty traumatized by the heaviness of the first two books, but I found this one to be very healing and much more hopeful. ( )
  Tigerlily12 | Jul 9, 2014 |
Now I have to say - this book redeems everything that was wrong with the other two. When I started the series, while I did enjoy them and the stories, I didn't love them. This book I loved. Annah was radtastic and she was a powerhouse of a young woman.

Pretty much her and Catcher made these stories worth reading and they help restore any faith in love an adult might have lost in their life. So read it and enjoy. ( )
  Pabkins | Jun 24, 2014 |

Carrie Ryanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ryan, AllysonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my sisters, Jenny & Chris -
We'll have each other, always.
This city used to be something once.

There are many things that Annah would like to forget: the look on her sister's face before Annah left her behind in the Forest of Hands and Teeth, her first glimpse of the Horde as they swarmed the Dark City, the sear of the barbed wire that would scar her for life. But most of all, Annah would like to forget the morning Elias left her for the Recruiters.
Annah's world stopped that day, and she's been waiting for Elias to come home ever since. Somehow, without him, her life doesn't feel much different than the dead that roam the wasted city around her. Until she meets Catcher, and everything feels alive again.
But Catcher has his own secrets. Dark, terrifying truths that link him to a past Annah has longed to forget, and to a future too deadly to consider. And now it's up to Annah: can she continue to live in a world covered in the blood of the living? Or is death the only escape from the Return's destruction?

Alone and listening to the moaning of the Dark City dying around her, Annah wants to find her way back home, to her sister and family and their village in the Forest of Hands and Teeth.

345 wanted2 pay4 pay

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,903,538 books! | Top bar: Always visible