Seven Nights to Forever by Evangeline…

Seven Nights to Forever (2010)

by Evangeline Collins

I liked the risks Evangeline Collins took with her two main characters, a married man and a prostitute. She didn't push the envelope too far (neither has sex with anyone else during the course of the book), but I found her treatment of the subject matter satisfying. The character development was good enough that I wanted to cheer, but the resolution seemed abrupt (I wanted more time to savor the HEA, maybe?).

I heard enough about this book to break my "no eBook over $8" rule, and I enjoyed it. My money may have been better spend on buying Anne Stuart's Ruthless/Reckless/Breathless trilogy, as she broke all the rules and made me *love* it, I know I'll be rereading those in the future. Seven Nights to Forever, I think I will always remember the sweet development of Rose and James relationship... but I don't think I'll revisit it. ( )
  Capnrandm | Apr 15, 2013 |
I reviewed this book for Romance Reader At Heart website:

RRAH's THOUGHTS AND PONDERINGS:

How do you take prostitution and infidelity and turn it into a compassionate love story? Ms. Collins answered that question by writing SEVEN NIGHTS TO FOREVER, a heartwarming story of two extremely complex characters who are trying to fit a lifetime of loneliness and love in seven days. The chemistry, not just sexual, between the two main characters was so good that you could feel the passion and the heartbreak that they were going through.

Rose Marlowe is the most beautiful and the most expensive courtesan in London. Her price is so high that she only works one week out of a month. The rest of the time she lives at her country estate that has seen better days. The reasons behind this woman’s downfall become clear to us as we get to know her and her younger brother, who is totally oblivious to their predicament.

Three years ago, James Archer, out of necessity and duty, married a titled woman that not only despises him, but hates him for his commoner status. He’s more than aware of her feelings as she never passes the opportunity to put him down; he’s resigned to it, and willing to put himself through this sham of a marriage only because it’ll guarantee his sisters entry into society.

In order to avoid conflict at home and his wife’s vicious tongue, James dedicates all his free time to his work. One evening, out of loneliness and after three years of celibacy, hungry for a kind word and companionship as well as woman’s gentle touch, he finds himself at Rubicon's, a brothel where he meets Rose.

This is a well-written story in which the subject matter was addressed with care and thought, and not just thrown in our faces. Even though James was no Rogue of Regency novels hero, nevertheless, he was a strong, sexy, and very vulnerable gentle man. His patient and accepting nature pulled Rose in, and she couldn’t help but fall in love with a man that selflessly gave of himself to her.

I also want to give Ms. Collins credit in creating a secondary character with a loud voice that you just want to embrace and have a need to know his story as well. This book would not be the same without the character of Timothy Ashton, Rose’s best friend and fellow prostitute. Ms. Collins, please let him speak to you. We want to know him better.

It was a pleasure to read this book, and I’m looking forward to many more from Evangeline Collins.

Melanie ( )
  bookworm2bookworm | May 26, 2011 |
If you can get past the truly wretched cover art, this is a sweet romance. James is NOT an alpha hero; in fact, I wished at several points for him to show some spine. But he's sweet and reading as he and Rose fumble to fall in love was great.

I have some minor issues with the characters' motivations -- Rose becomes a prostitute so her little brother can continue being a spoiled brat and James lets his wife treat him like crap so she won't be mean to his little sister (these people are REALLY nice to their siblings) -- but none of those issues ruined the book for me. ( )
  lavender9 | Jan 18, 2011 |

Evangeline Collinsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Griffin, JamesCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Diane, for all of your support, for all of your love, and for helping me to become the woman I am today. I love you, Mom.
Cloaked in the midnight shadows, Mr. James Archer shifted against the darkened streetlamp and watched as two gentlemen went up the stone steps of the large white house across the street.

Some sacrifices are more difficult than others. Left destitute after her father's death, Rose Marlowe has debts to settle and a younger brother to support. But she also possesses an unmatched beauty-one that could command quite a price…

Now, every month, Rose secretly travels from her country home to spend one week at a decadent London brothel, where she's become a sought-after prize. Elegant and accomplished in the art of pleasure, she spends her nights fulfilling the fantasies of the gentlemen of the ton while denying the wish buried deep in her heart.

Then one night a wealthy merchant gentleman walks through her door. Handsome, kind and compassionate, with a lonely soul that matches her own, James Archer is not her usual client. Falling in love with a client, never mind a married one, is unthinkable. Yet Rose can't help but lose herself in his arms as one night becomes seven-and seven nights lead to a chance at forever…

An Unmatched BeautySome sacrifices are more difficult than others. Left destitute after her father's death, Rose Marlowe has debts to settle and a younger brother to support. But she also possesses an unmatched beauty-one that could command quite a price. Now, every month, Rose secretly travels from her country home to spend one week at a decadent London brothel, where she's become a sought-after prize. Elegant and accomplished in the art of pleasure, she spends her nights fulfilling the fantasies of the gentlemen of the ton, while denying the wish buried deep in her heart. Then one night, a wealthy merchant gentleman walks through her door. Handsome, kind, and compassionate, with a lonely soul that matches her own, James Archer is not her usual client. Falling in love with a client, never mind a married one, is unthinkable. Yet Rose can't help but lose herself in his arms as one night becomes seven-and seven nights lead to a chance at forever . . . Praise fir Her Ladyship's Companion 'Once you enter the sensual world of Her Ladyship's companion, you'll never want to leave!' - Sabrina Jeffries… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,441,487 books! | Top bar: Always visible