Just as Long as We're Together by Judy Blume
1,183146,798 (3.89)1 / 12

Narrated by Rebecca Soler. Stephanie begins junior high with best friend Rachel and new friend Allison. Life is typical for Stephanie, hanging out with her friends, checking out the cute boy Jeremy, doing her schoolwork. If only her father didn’t have to go on business trips so often and for so long...until she learns they really aren't business trips. The audio has a just-right tone for telling the story of a regular girl finding herself coping with an irregular situation. Soler’s interpretation has the youthfulness of the young teen characters, at times putting in a giggle or sarcastic twist that captures the typical teen voice. ( )
  Salsabrarian | Feb 2, 2016 |
One of my favorite books as a preteen. And re-reading it, I felt all the heartbreak and frustration that comes with that time in one's life. How hard it is to tell people what's going on, how you're feeling, how it seems like no one would listen to you even if you could express it. Sad, but heartwarming. I'm looking forward to re-reading the sequel. ( )
1 vote AmberTheHuman | Aug 30, 2013 |
There's something about this book that I connected to more than any of Judy Blume's other books. Maybe it was how exactly I related to the age and situations, maybe it was better-written...I don't know. Any time I was home sick from school between fourth and sixth grade, I'd spend the day re-reading this. Boys! Periods! Friends! It was all too relevant. This is my favorite Judy Blume book. ( )
1 vote annmariestover | Apr 4, 2013 |
One of my favorite reads in like 6th grade! ( )
  jnorath | Apr 2, 2013 |
i loved it ( )
  emmafurness | Feb 27, 2013 |
"Stephanie is into hunks," my mother said to my aunt on a Sunday afternoon. They were in the kitchen making potato salad and I was stretched out on the grass in our yard, reading. But the kitchen window was wide open so I could hear every word my mother and aunt were saying.

Rachel is Stephanie's best friend. Since second grade, they've shared secrets, good and bad. Now in seventh grade, Alison moves into the neighborhood. Stephanie hopes all three of them can be best friends, because Stephanie really likes Alison. But it looks as if it's going to be a case of two's company and three's a crowd. Can the girls' friendship be saved?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:24 -0400)

Stephanie's relationship with her best friend, Rachel, changes during her first year in junior high as she tries to conceal a family problem and meets a new girl from California.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,293,995 books! | Top bar: Always visible