The Elephant by Sławomir Mrożek

The Elephant (1957)

by Sławomir Mrożek

1521124,496 (4)6
Traces the history of World War II from the events causing the war to the final victory of the allied forces.

I loved Kafka, but this is almost better in a lot of regards. Each story works on its own, but taken together each morsel adds up to a sumptuous meal. To think - I've been in Poland all these years, yet this is the first time I've been exposed to Mrozek. That doesn't put me in a very good light, but at least now my oversight has been somewhat rectified. ( )
2 vote soylentgreen23 | Feb 1, 2012 |

Sławomir Mrożekprimary authorall editionscalculated
Mróz, DanielIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Syrop, KonradTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Weil es halt in unserem gottverlassenen Dorf an Aufklärung fehlt, steckt alles voller Aberglaube.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,529,980 books! | Top bar: Always visible