Werewolves of Montpellier by Jason

Werewolves of Montpellier

by Jason

Personally I was seriously underwhelmed by this book, it wasn't horrible mostly just boring.
It had some interesting ideas and characters that could have been interesting had they been properly explored but really it all just seemed to meander and poop out halfway through anything.

The art was extremely simplistic but still fresh and enjoyable, again it would have been better with more story to go with it.

It took me about five minutes to get through the whole thing and in the end I sort of felt I had wasted that time. ( )
  Kellswitch | Sep 28, 2014 |
Hnnnnh, I'm a fan of Jason, but this seemed relatively inconsequential. Guy loves his roommate, is bad with women, dresses up as a werewolf and roams the rooftops, attracts the attention of the real werewolves, is bitten during a showdown and becomes a werewolf himself and then his roommate loves him maybe but OH AMBIGUOUS ENDING. Intersperse with logy banter. Oh, and they're all talking animals, of course. I'unno. Nothing wrong with it. ( )
  MeditationesMartini | Feb 21, 2011 |
Disguising himself as a werewolf to rob Parisians of their jewels fails to bring fullfillment to an American expatriate who spends his days pining for the lesbian "Holly Go Lightly" wannabe who lives across the hall. ( )
  kivarson | Nov 23, 2010 |

Jasonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Thompson, KimTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

"Southern France, early 21st century. A shadowy figure sneaks across the rooftops. The fangs, the pointy ears, the fierce demeanor, the hair-- is this the latest addition to the ranks of the urban werevolves so famed in movies and comic books? As it turns out, no-- it's just a lonely and bored expatriate artist who spends his days bumming around his adoptive French city, and his nights dressed up as a larcenous werewolf, for kicks and thrills. But when the real werewolves of Montpellier catch wind of his impersonation, he gets a few more thrills than he bargained for on the next full moon" -- p. [4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,761,705 books! | Top bar: Always visible