Tortall and Other Lands: A Collection of…

Tortall and Other Lands: A Collection of Tales (Beka Cooper) (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Tamora Pierce

Member:goddessred
Title:Tortall and Other Lands: A Collection of Tales (Beka Cooper)
Authors:Tamora Pierce
Info:Random House Books for Young Readers (2011), Hardcover, 400 pages

Tortall and Other Lands: A Collection of Tales by Tamora Pierce (2011)

English (37)  Danish (1)  All languages (38)
I liked it a lot. Even though it was short stories so it should have been easy to put down that actually made it harder to put down... just one more... and ops is it 3 am already.
Very enjoyable - especially all the Tortall stories. ( )
  macthekat82 | May 26, 2018 |
May be a good way to introduce folks to these realms... nice to pick up for holiday reading. ( )
  kmajort | Feb 9, 2018 |
I'm listening to the audio, and I can't tell if the reader is influencing some of my enjoyment level. There are multiple readers. I've had to skip three stories because they were downright unsatisfactory. But other stories are solid and welcome. There is a plumping out of the universe, glimpsing tail ends of other stories and characters already familiar.

The last two move out of Tortall and inhabit modern urban fantasy. Jarring. ( )
  2wonderY | Jan 29, 2018 |
Some interesting stories, particularly Student of Ostriches, and some niches filled. Worth a visit ( )
  jamespurcell | Nov 4, 2017 |
Fun collection of stories that are all different yet cohesive. ( )
  yonitdm | Jan 18, 2017 |

Tamora Pierceprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gerardi, JanCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my editors for these stories - Bruce Coville, Jack Dann, Gardner Dozois, David Fickling, Douglas Hill, R. Schuyler Hooke, Mallory Loehr, Ron McCutchan, Sharyn November, Terry Ofner, M. Jerry Weiss, and Helen S. Weiss - with my deepest thanks for these chances to expand and my apologies for the many bad words I said while trying to do so.
My story began as my mother carried me in her belly to the great Nawolu trade fair.

Contains the short stories:

Plain Magic
Mimic
Huntress
Testing

Collected here for the first time are all of the tales from the land of Tortall, featuring both previously unknown characters as well as old friends. Filling some gaps of time and interest, these stories, some of which have been published before, will lead Tammy's fans, and new readers into one of the most intricately constructed worlds of modern fantasy.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:08 -0400)

"Collected here are six wondrous shorter tales from the land of Tortall, featuring previously unknown characters as well as old friends"--Front jacket flap.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,353,308 books! | Top bar: Always visible