Desires of the Dead: A Body Finder Novel by…

Desires of the Dead: A Body Finder Novel (edition 2012)

by Kimberly Derting

Member:jillcw
Title:Desires of the Dead: A Body Finder Novel
Authors:Kimberly Derting
Info:HarperCollins (2012), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:***1/2

Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting

It was pretty predictable, but still not horrible. A decent continuation of the series. I'm interested to see where helping law enforcement leads. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |

The plot of this book was a little swallowed up by the romance but less so than the previous book. I had a hard time caring about her issues when yet again this generic perfect boyfriend is the most important issue when people are dead. It was an easy read though and even though it wasn't deep or anything it was interesting. ( )
  AngelaRenea | May 12, 2014 |
Sadly, I did not enjoy this book as much as the first. The mystery and suspense really weren’t there and the romance aspect got kind of annoying.

The constant air of suspense that was the first book wasn’t as good this time around. Last time we had chapters from the killer’s POV, this time we had chapters from a fellow student who is harassing Violet because they’re jealous of her relationship with Jay. It was obvious to me who this person was from the very beginning so the mystery was taken away.

One of the things I loved about Violet in the first book was that she didn’t keep secrets from Jay or her family. This time around all she did was keep secrets, and her reasons for keeping them were dumb. Like, I put everyone in danger by having this ability and if I don’t tell them what’s going on I’m saving them from trouble blah, blah, blah. I’m sick of the MC always hiding things “in the best interest” of others. Plus, she told her family and Jay everything in the first book so it seemed out of character, done just to create tension between her and Jay’s new romantic relationship.

A few new characters were introduced that I think will play a larger role in the next few books. Does anyone else smell a love triangle coming on?? *Cough* Rafe *cough* Violet & Jay finally admitted their more-than-friend feelings for each other and now it’s about to get ruined. UGH!

Overall, while I was dissapointed in the lack of mystery/suspense and the addition of a new possible love interest I still enjoyed the story overall. ( )
  BornBookish | Feb 20, 2014 |
I've been told the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. So why did I pick the sequel to "The Body Finder" up from the library?

All of the things which annoyed me from the first book are still present: Violet still can't do anything without Jay (the topper for me was when she missed two days of school because they had a fight) and Jay is still completely understanding and awesome no matter what (even when his girlfriend is jealous he has a friend... who is male.)

Blech.

Seriously, the eye roll and gag suppression factor were in full effect for the entire book. I won't be touching the next one with a ten foot pole. ( )
  mkpiry | Sep 26, 2013 |
RATING: 2 stars.

I think it's one of those "it's not you, it's me" cases. Violet didn't seem to have that much personality for much of the book. And the mystery was kind of... weak. I don't know, I just didn't enjoy this one as much as I thought I would. I've read the first book a while ago and I remember I really liked the chemistry and the relationship between Violet and Jay, but in this second book... not so much. ( )
  slayra | Sep 21, 2013 |
To Amanda, Connor, and Abby.Always.
Violet leaned forward on her hands and knees over the frozen landscape.

Violet can sense the echoes of those who've been murdered - and the matching imprint that clings to their killers. Only those closest to her know what she is capable of, but when she discovers the body of a young boy she also draws the attention of the FBI, threatening her entire way of life.
As Violet works to keep her morbid ability a secret, she unwittingly becomes the object of a dangerous obsession. Normally she'd turn to her best friend, Jay, except now that they are officially a couple, the rules of their relationship seem to have changed. And with Jay spending more and more time with his new friend Mike, Violet is left with too much time on her hands as she wonders where things went wrong. But when she fills the void by digging into Mike's tragic family history, she stumbles upon a dark truth that could put everyone in danger.

Sixteen-year-old Violet Ambrose's ability to find murder victims and their killers draws the attention of the FBI just as her relationship with Jay, her best-friend-turned-boyfriend, heats up.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

HarperCollins Childrens Books

An edition of this book was published by HarperCollins Childrens Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,970,956 books! | Top bar: Always visible