Not Ready for Mom Jeans by Maureen Lipinski

Not Ready for Mom Jeans

by Maureen Lipinski

I identified with the main character, Clare, in that I am at a similar point in my life. I have an 8 month-old, and I'm at home on mat leave and conflicted over my dual roles as homemaker and career woman (not that I have much of a career, but that's beside the point). However, I found myself getting annoyed with Clare's immaturity (she drinks a LOT!) and her humming and hawing over her internal conflict. "If you want to spend more time with your baby, don't go out drinking with your friends on the weekends and after work! If you want to stay home with your baby and work, start a home-based business!" I felt like yelling this at her throughout the book. There were also a lot of typos, which were really annoying! That said, there were some funny and heartfelt moments, which allowed me to get through the book. ( )
  roxyrolla | Oct 26, 2010 |
I really liked this light-hearted read. I could relate to the main character as a new mother. ( )
  schmapp | Jul 23, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 031253728X, Paperback)

Event planner and famous blogger Clare Finnegan expected to go back to work after her daughter was born. After all, she worked hard for her success…and it's not like now that she has a child she has to buy a minivan, wear Mom Jeans, and give up her career! Right?

Despite more than a few pounds of baby weight still left to lose, Clare dons her Miss Piggy Pants and returns to work. She plans a swanky Sweet Sixteen party, pulls off a million-dollar golf outing, has to come to terms with her mother's breast cancer, and is left so exhausted that she can’t remember her ATM card’s pin number. Then, after another meeting runs late, and she misses another one of her daughter’s milestones, Clare allows herself to examine an alternate choice: staying home.

“Lipinski’s snappy dialogue and acerbic wit are so engaging, you don’t need a minivan to enjoy this ride.” –Jen Lancaster, New York Times bestselling author

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:57 -0400)

Event planner and famous blogger Clare Finnegan expected to go back to work after her daughter was born. But when she's left so exhausted that she can't remember her ATM card's pin number ... and another meeting runs late, forcing her to miss another one of her daughter's milestones, Clare allows herself to examine an alternate choice: staying home. A laugh-out-loud novel about motherhood, life, and the quest for eight hours of sleep.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,509,669 books! | Top bar: Always visible