Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Across the Universe (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Beth Revis

2,0623203,224 (3.81)1 / 100
Member:GoldieBug
Title:Across the Universe
Authors:Beth Revis
Info:Razorbill (2011), Edition: First Edition first Printing, Hardcover, 416 pages
Collections:Your library, Teen Books, Autographed
Rating:*****
Tags:autographed, science fiction, romance, teen fiction, young adult, cloning, space opera, spaceships

Across the Universe by Beth Revis (2011)

English (320)  Italian (2)  German (1)  Piratical (1)  All languages (324)
I really enjoyed this book. I've always wondered if you can freeze people and thaw them out to live again. I also like sci-fi books. This one though shows that there are dictators no matter what year it is and also a little white supremacists. I do think the author should have never told us what year they left or at least but it further ahead. Just 15 years away to me isn't very realistic.

But over all a good read and I'm looking forward to the next one. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
If I sum this book up in two words it would be "Space Oddity"

The first three quarters of this book is just so boring. It took me forever to finish. I even had to renew it at the end so I could finish it.

The story itself is also rather peculiar too. I was at a loss as to how this was all going to come together in the end. I want to say It read kind of youngish for me but then there are some situations that were not for young people at all. There is a near rape that gets handled rather oddly, plus numerous mentions of sex.

But, in the end it did come together and even made sense, in a odd, I'm out in deep space for too long, kind of way. So, I bumped my 2.5 rating up to 3 stars. ( )
  Leah422 | Jul 10, 2016 |
  MarijaSabljic | Jun 28, 2016 |
Man, this one was on track to be pretty darned awesome. Then it wasn't. It took a wrong turn along the way and turned into a morality tale/open-ended story. It just got weak. Hmph. ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
One of the best YA books I've read in a long time. I can't remember ever reading anything like it - a science fiction, dystopian, murder-mystery romance. ( )
  mtlkch | Jun 21, 2016 |

Beth Revisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ambrose, LaurenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Järvinen, OutiTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Santos, CarlosNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Daddy said, "Let Mom go first."

Teenaged Amy, a cryogenically frozen passenger on the spaceship Godspeed, wakes up to discover that someone may have tried to murder her.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Across the Universe by Beth Revis was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,497,780 books! | Top bar: Always visible