The Kiss by Danielle Steel

The Kiss (2001)

by Danielle Steel

Recently added byprivate library, jerryss425, dalton756, villagegtown, gaillamontagne, Dr.Hayat

English (7)  Italian (1)  All languages (8)
Long book, interesting characters. Some of it unrealistic to me because it is set in modern day. (Ok, 13 years ago) The main character, Isabella, is far too naive for a French, contemporary woman. He son of 14 is constantly ill, has never been to school and had no friends and they have unlimited funds? What? .............Maybe I am so American I can hardly believe a woman of today could be as blind as she was as to what her husband was up to. This woman's marriage was more like a turn-of- the century type or I'm just misinformed about Western European women. I enjoyed it anyway, just hard to relate to and a little unbelievable. ( )
  gaillamontagne | May 23, 2014 |
É muito raro desistir de um livro, porque acho 'injusto' classificar algo sem o conhecer na totalidade. No entanto, tive que abrir uma exceção, e assim que cheguei a metade, meti-o para o lado.

A escrita é muito aborrecida, as personagens incoerentes, a história dificil de 'engolir', previsivel e demasiado longa.

Talvez daqui a uns anos volte a tentar pegar num livro desta autora, mas por enquanto, com tantos livros de bons autores na minha longa 'to-read-list', esta vai ficar de lado. ( )
  Janeka21 | May 3, 2013 |

Janeka21 | May 3, 2013 |
This was an excellent book. I read it in one day. It makes me wonder sometimes if there is love out there between couples that are like this, or if it was just for a book! ( )
  Ramona00 | Jan 1, 2012 |
The "best seller" type of book does nothing normally to enthuse me. I approached this as a drop of light reading. I have to admit that I was actually happier with my choice than I thought that I would have been.
The characters were a little flat, the plot rather contrived, The settings although stated could have been anywhere and the ending was never i doubt. But I enjoyed the experience
  jessicariddoch | May 13, 2011 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 044023669X, Mass Market Paperback)

In her 53rd bestselling novel, Danielle Steel explores how a single shattering moment can change lives forever. The Kiss is at once a moving testament to the fragility of life and a breathtaking story about the power of love to heal, to free, to transform, and to make broken spirits whole.

On a warm June evening, a red double-decker bus, full of pasengers, speeds down a London street. A few blocks away, a man and a woman climb into a limousine, reveling in a magical evening of dancing and champagne. As their driver pulls into an intersection, the couple shares their first, searching kiss. For a moment, etched in time, all stands still—until, in a flash of metal and glass, their limousine is struck at full speed, crushed under the bus's tremendous weight. And a long journey begins—toward healing, toward hope, toward dreams of an infinite future...

Isabelle Forrester is the exquisite wife of a prominent Parisian banker who has long since shut her out of his heart. For lonely years, Isabelle has lived a life of isolation, pouring her passions into caring for her desperately ill son, Teddy, and into making their Paris home as happy as possible for her teenage daughter, Sophie. Isabelle allows herself one secret pleasure: a long-distance friendship by telephone with an American man, a Washington power broker who travels in the highest circles of politics and who, like Isabelle, is trapped in an empty marriage. To Bill Robinson, Isabelle is a godsend, a woman of extraordinary beauty and intellectual curiosity—a kindred spirit who touches him across the miles with her warmth and gentle empathy. Their relationship is a gift, a lifeline that sustains them both through the heartache of marriages they cannot leave and will not betray. Agreeing to meet for a few precious, innocent days in London, Isabelle and Bill find their friendship changing. Then, amidst the sudden crash of steel against steel, they are thrust onto a new path, a path fraught with pain but also with possibility.

Now, inside the cool, sterile wards of a London hospital, Isabelle and Bill cling to life, their bodies shattered almost beyond repair. In the days and weeks that follow, they slowly, painfully traverse a road to recovery littered with challenges of the body, spirit, and heart. Together, they must find the strength not only to embrace life again but to face what they have left behind. For Isabell, a loveless marriage turns into a brutal power struggle. For Bill, a time of healing exposes wounds that cut deeper than steel and realities that will test him to his core. For both, a tangle of changing relationships and the tragedy of another loss conspire to separate them once again. And this time they could lose each other forever.

In a novel that is as compelling as it is compassionate, Danielle Steel weaves a story of courage in the face of unimaginable loss. With the grace of a master storyteller, she explores the strength it takes to conquer our greatest fears, showing us how the toughest choices can yield the most unexpected rewards...and how the longest, most winding journeys can begin with a single kiss.

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:18:41 -0400)

Trapped in a loveless marriage, Frenchwoman Isabelle cares for her daughter and dangerously ill son while pursuing a secret friendship with American power broker Bill Robinson, until a car accident tests their growing love.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,487,504 books! | Top bar: Always visible