Teeth: Vampire Tales by Ellen Datlow

Teeth: Vampire Tales

by Ellen Datlow (Editor), Terri Windling (Editor)

Other authors: Nathan Ballingrud (Contributor), Christopher Barzak (Contributor), Steve Berman (Contributor), Holly Black (Contributor), Emma Bull (Contributor)15 more, Cecil Castellucci (Contributor), Suzy McKee Charnas (Contributor), Cassandra Clare (Contributor), Jeffrey Ford (Contributor), Neil Gaiman (Contributor), Kathe Koja (Contributor), Ellen Kushner (Contributor), Tanith Lee (Contributor), Melissa Marr (Contributor), Garth Nix (Contributor), Lucius Shepard (Contributor), Delia Sherman (Contributor), Catherynne M. Valente (Contributor), Genevieve Valentine (Contributor), kaaron Warren (Contributor)

"Things You Need To Know About Being Dead" by Genevieve Valentine: I really liked this, but I felt like there were all these extra bits to the story that were left out-I just expected to learn more about a couple of things that seemed to be going somewhere but then they didn't? Idk it was still great and the format worked out really well. 5/5
"All Smiles" by Steve Berman: I would read more Saul SO HARD. A-hem. There is vampire slayage in this one, which I always enjoy. 5/5

"Flying" by Delia Sherman: Really nice circus novel compressed into 35 pages with engaging characters and some small twists. The ending was kinda predictable, though. 4/5
"Vampire Weather" by Garth Nix: Disturbing on several different levels, a clever take on the vaccination debate, and a REALLY scary vampire. 4/5

"In The Future When All's Well" by Catherynne Valente: I really liked the world in this, where the tiniest things make people turn into vampires and the population is like half human and half vampire and all the humans are completely freaked out. The narrator, though, was one of those cynical and preachy teenagers, and that annoyed me. Still good. 4/5

"History" by Ellen Kushner: Bittersweet. I liked how many tiny hints we got toward the vampire's personal history, alongside his pretended ignorance of actual history. 4/5.
"The Perfect Dinner Party" by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black: The narrator reminded me a lot of Maureen from Clare's City of Fallen Angels. If you like these authors, you'll probably like this story. 3/5.

"Why Light" by Tanith Lee: THIS IS THE FLUFFIEST VAMPIRE STORY OF ALL TIME. OF ALL TIIIIIIIIIME. 5/5 ( )
  Stebahnree | Mar 13, 2016 |

Stebahnree | Mar 13, 2016 |
Favorites:
Things to Know About Being Dead by Genevieve Valentine
All Smiles by Steve Berman
Flying by Delia Sherman
Vampire Weather by Garth Nix
Why Light? by Tanith Lee ( )
  lgildersleeve | May 20, 2014 |
Totally read this for the Clare, Black and Valente stories, which were brilliant as always. These three always love to surprise me with what they do from their view point inside all of these surpernatural places. ( )
  wanderlustlover | Jul 24, 2013 |

Sherman, DeliaContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Valente, Catherynne M.Contributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Valentine, GenevieveContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Warren, kaaronContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

A collection of nineteen original stories of teenagers and vampires.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,834,815 books! | Top bar: Always visible