Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxed Set by…

The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxed Set (2008)

by Suzanne Collins

English (114)  Dutch (1)  Finnish (1)  German (1)  All languages (117)
In a dark vision of the near future twelve girls and twelve boys are forced to appear in a live TV show called the Hunger Games where they must fight to the death. Only one can survive. Sixteen year old Katniss Everdeen steps forward to take her younger sister's place in the games and her fight for survival begins. Can she retain anything of herself in this barbaric game, and what will be the repercussions if she shows any sign of rebellion? ( )
  AccyP | Feb 11, 2019 |
5+ stars for the whole series.
The Hunger Games- 100+ stars. All the stars in the sky!! I hate myself for taking so long to start reading this!! Absolutely perfect in every way. Such a great book. I can not wait to finish the series. I know I’m in for an emotional ride. Probably my new favorite series. I just can’t even put into words all my feeling right now.
Catching Fire- Amazing. Absolutely amazing!! So much chaos and craziness in one book. The new arena is brilliant. Lots of action which I loved. The ending is a bit of a cliffhanger. I can’t wait to read the next book and see how the rebellion plays out.
Mockingjay- Great ending to a great series. This series is definitely one of my favorites. It was so much fun to read. I do think I liked the first two books a little better but only because I liked the action of them being in the arena for the Hunger Games. Overall I loved them all and would definitely recommend them to everyone!! ( )
  JessVillafane | Jan 6, 2019 |
When I first hear about Hunger Games, it was around the time they announced the movie date for it to come out in theaters. I did not hear a single thing about it before then. Suddenly, a good majority of my friends were wearing their Mockingjay pins everywhere they went and made "Peeta" bread jokes as often as they could. I honestly thought this would be another book fad, but I was wrong.

I loved everything about this Trilogy. I loved the plot twists, the character development, the style and flow of the writing. I loved how the author showed the different sides of the country and how the different people reacted to the games. Mostly, I loved how she (the author) seemed to put every feeling of being a teenage female into only three books. She covered a wide span of emotions and some serious life altering situations in front of one mere 16 year old girl by the name of Katniss Everdeen. I also love how the author chose weird and slightly off-beat names. It shows that she put a vast amount of thought and effort into naming the characters, along with coming up with names for the different animals such as the Mockingjay.

The book has a vast amount of themes, symbols, and messages. Everything from family dynamics to love to political statements. It is the most eye opening and emotional book I have read, since I finished Harry Potter series. Honestly, I read this book at the most ideal time. It was right in the middle of the Presidential election here in the U.S. I was also having some thoughts of uncertainty due to the political campaigns and other things going on. This book literally made me realize how strong of a person I really am and how one person can truly make a difference if enough people believed in them.

Not only did this book provide an awesome female protagonist, it also provided a good deuteragonist and supporting character (Peeta). The things those two go through together is completely and utterly amazing. What's more amazing is the individual and group obstacles they face in order to get back to the people they love.

Overall, everyone can relate to this book. There is literally something in this for everyone wither it be drama, action, adventure, sci-fi, or comedy. It is a short and easy read, and amazingly in-depth. It's by far the best book I have read since I started this blog. It's highly recommended. I would go into more detail, but I do not want to ruin the story for anyone.

I did read the book before I saw the movie. As always, the book is better. ( )
  ashleydavida | Dec 21, 2018 |
A commercial saga, tha has resulted in another "bestseller". Touches interesting topics, but ultimately took the wrong turn while being written ( )
  dhunter.90 | Nov 16, 2018 |
This chapter books series is my favorite series. It has everything a reader would want, and is a great example of a dystopian fiction for young authors. It's perfect for middle school level. ( )
  astrot2 | Oct 15, 2018 |
I'm sure some of my SF comrades will dismiss these novels as "escapist young adult fiction." Fair enough. Maybe I'm just immature (my wife will vouch for that in a heartbeat ;-). But I'd list two recent "young adult" fiction series among my all-time favorites, and The Hunger Games ranks beside Harry Potter in that category for me. Both are simply tremendous examples of the storyteller's art. Both feature protagonists, antagonists, and supporting casts of characters who grab the reader's imagination and refuse to let go. And I'll make a confession: The Hunger Games is the first trilogy I can remember that hooked me so profoundly that I re-read it, start to finish, as soon as I digested the last line of the last book.
added by btburt | editWork in Progress, Brian Burt (Oct 26, 2014)

I stare down at my shoes, watching as a fine layer of ash settles on the worn leather.

Hunger games is an action/love story about a brave young woman that puts her own life at stake to save her sisters. She is forced into an arena with a group of boys and girls between the ages of 12 and 18 and told to fight to the death until there is one child left standing. There are 12 districts from where people are from. One boy and one girl are chosen at random every year as a reminder not to rebel against the government. This masquer is shown all over the cities for everyone to see on large tv screens. The citizens all watch, some in fear for there loved ones lives and some in fear of losing the bet they placed on a certain tribute to be the final one standing.

The extraordinary, ground breaking New York Times bestsellers The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, along with the third book in The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay, are available for the first time ever in a beautiful boxset edition. Stunning, gripping, and powerful. The trilogy is now complete!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:42 -0400)

Collects all three adventures of Katniss and the District 12 team, as they compete in the annual televised survival competition to secure a life of safety and plenty for themselves and their families.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,482,536 books! | Top bar: Always visible