The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxed Set by…

The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxed Set (original 2008; edition 2010)

by Suzanne Collins

2,561992,347 (4.32)22
Member:melissadorish
Title:The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxed Set
Authors:Suzanne Collins
Info:Scholastic Press (2010), Edition: Fifth or Later Edition, Hardcover, 1408 pages
Collections:Series Books, Your library
Rating:*****
Tags:Fantasy, bravery, persistence, survival, friendship, loyalty, love, family, hardship, death, rising above, class and society, identity, strength, skill, competition and sacrifice

The Hunger Games / Catching Fire / Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (2008)

English (97)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  All languages (99)
amazing series, couldn't put it down, I compare all books that I read now to the hunger games. recommend to anyone I highly ( )
  sassybrunette | Aug 11, 2015 |
This trilogy I highly reccommend. It was gripping and I couldnt put the books down. Just as good as the movies. Love them. A lot of action, Drama, a love triangle and it tears at your heart strings. I would read these again in a heart beat. A quick read, perfectly written. ( )
  Aurora1994 | Aug 3, 2015 |
The Hunger Games Trilogy was #32 on the Labyrinth Top 100 list in 2012. Katniss Everdeen lives in a post WWIII world that is violent and ruled by a ruthless dictator. She volunteers to participate in the "Hunger Games" to save her sister but in the process becomes the symbol for a rebellion for freedom. She is not free however to follow her heart. This is a great book for students because there is a love story, action pact plot line, and endless possibilities for classroom discussions and activities.
  PikeH | Jul 31, 2015 |
I hate this series, I do not know why I read the entirety of it. ( )
  ltaylor19 | Jul 27, 2015 |
Great book, loved the character of Kat and how well she changes throughout the series. ( )
  emmaLanders98 | Jul 4, 2015 |
I'm sure some of my SF comrades will dismiss these novels as "escapist young adult fiction." Fair enough. Maybe I'm just immature (my wife will vouch for that in a heartbeat ;-). But I'd list two recent "young adult" fiction series among my all-time favorites, and The Hunger Games ranks beside Harry Potter in that category for me. Both are simply tremendous examples of the storyteller's art. Both feature protagonists, antagonists, and supporting casts of characters who grab the reader's imagination and refuse to let go. And I'll make a confession: The Hunger Games is the first trilogy I can remember that hooked me so profoundly that I re-read it, start to finish, as soon as I digested the last line of the last book.
added by btburt | editWork in Progress, Brian Burt (Oct 26, 2014)

I stare down at my shoes, watching as a fine layer of ash settles on the worn leather.

Hunger games is an action/love story about a brave young woman that puts her own life at stake to save her sisters. She is forced into an arena with a group of boys and girls between the ages of 12 and 18 and told to fight to the death until there is one child left standing. There are 12 districts from where people are from. One boy and one girl are chosen at random every year as a reminder not to rebel against the government. This masquer is shown all over the cities for everyone to see on large tv screens. The citizens all watch, some in fear for there loved ones lives and some in fear of losing the bet they placed on a certain tribute to be the final one standing.

The extraordinary, ground breaking New York Times bestsellers The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, along with the third book in The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay, are available for the first time ever in a beautiful boxset edition. Stunning, gripping, and powerful. The trilogy is now complete!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:42 -0400)

"In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before - and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that weigh survival against humanity and life against love"--Cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,102,147 books! | Top bar: Always visible