The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxed Set by…

The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxed Set (original 2008; edition 2010)

by Suzanne Collins

Member:conlonk
Title:The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxed Set
Authors:Suzanne Collins
Info:Scholastic Press (2010), Edition: Fifth or Later Edition, Hardcover, 1408 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:YA, dystopian

The Hunger Games / Catching Fire / Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (2008)

English (78)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  All languages (80)
Katniss Peeta Gale Prim Johanna Kinnick Haymitch Cinna and especially Rue are all characters that I will not be forgetting anytime soon - if ever. The author does an amazing job at creating these characters and then placing them in you. I loved the detailed description of the world that this story is placed in. No it isn't all happiness and butterflies but it was their home.

You will find yourself being pulled in all kinds of directions and never really knowing the next twist in the tale. I am glad I got the trilogy because I don���t know how I would have handled having to wait for the next book in this series to come out. They are awesome.

I wanted to give it 4 �� stars and my only reason for not giving it 5 stars is that I was a little put off by the ending. To say that they were shells of their former selves is an understatement and I felt that after all that fighting they didn���t accomplish much for themselves personally. However they sacrificed all for the future and others who couldn���t fight. You will be happy sad and angry. You will laugh have anxiety attacks and do a lot of crying you wouldn���t think you���d do for a book. But in the end no matter if you loved the ending or not you will be happy you read them. ( )
  jesssika | Sep 9, 2014 |
I love having this on kindle. The series is amazing! ( )
  blog_gal | Jul 26, 2014 |
Did not think I would like this. The last book was the hardest to read, b/c of the violence. But I loved the history of Appalachia mixed in, the folk songs, the geography, and Suzanne Collins can WRITE. ( )
  sarahlouise | Jul 6, 2014 |
[the hunger games trilogy box set]

if it's set in the future, how does humanity become worse than it is now? district 12 is fighting for survival 10-30 years in the future and here we are in food heaven! in all books there is way too much talking. in the last book the hunger games series starts to lose purpose. as well as that in the last book katniss cries way too much and there is too much love going on.
  RaphaelO | Mar 25, 2014 |
Our book discussion group is scheduled to discuss this book so that is what got me to read it. Not expecting to particularly like it, I was surprised to find it a pretty riveting read. Each year two "tributes" are chosen from each of twelve districts to participate in the Hunger Games in the Capital City. The tributes are adolescents, one male and one female, and they fight each other to the death in an "arena". The arena is a type of controlled wilderness area in which the Gamesmakers have control over the environment and landscape. Katniss Everdeen and Peeta, the baker's son, are the two from District 12. The country is Panem, a post U.S. replacement that is a totalitarian regime. The citizens are kept hungry and beaten down with the Games serving to further enforce their loyalties. The winner's district will receive more food for the next year. All events of the Games are televised, and every citizen is required to watch. The one thing about the book that doesn't ring true is why the parents of these children would not revolt and try to protect their children when their number is chosen for the sacrifice. It's hard to imagine all people beaten down year after year, never standing up for their children. Maybe love was gone, too, from this civilization. Nonetheless, it is a worthwhile read, and there are two sequels to follow if the reader wishes to continue the trek. ( )
  kblinn | Jan 6, 2014 |
I stare down at my shoes, watching as a fine layer of ash settles on the worn leather.

The extraordinary, ground breaking New York Times bestsellers The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, along with the third book in The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay, are available for the first time ever in a beautiful boxset edition. Stunning, gripping, and powerful. The trilogy is now complete!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:46:31 -0400)

"In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before - and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that weigh survival against humanity and life against love"--Cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,702,216 books! | Top bar: Always visible