The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxed Set by…

The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxed Set (original 2008; edition 2010)

by Suzanne Collins

Member:AMooreWriter
Title:The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxed Set
Authors:Suzanne Collins
Info:Scholastic Press (2010), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 1408 pages

The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxed Set by Suzanne Collins (2008)

English (112)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  All languages (114)
A commercial saga, tha has resulted in another "bestseller". Touches interesting topics, but ultimately took the wrong turn while being written ( )
  dhunter.90 | Nov 16, 2018 |
This chapter books series is my favorite series. It has everything a reader would want, and is a great example of a dystopian fiction for young authors. It's perfect for middle school level. ( )
  astrot2 | Oct 15, 2018 |
Fantastic adventure novels. In the near future, children from twelve provinces are forced to fight for their survival in the ultimate reality television program. My older son loved this. Be aware the book presents some life and death situations and is meant for a slightly older audience, but the violence is not gratuitous. I would say it is appropriate for grades 7-10 (or older). Rick Riordan
  TKMartinez | Oct 8, 2018 |
amazing books could read them over and over favorite characters are katniss for her spunky Ness and rue for being so cute and kind ,brave ( )
  Emily_Madsen | Sep 23, 2018 |
I read the whole trilogy in a day - a quick easy read. In no ways a masterpiece but a compelling original story that kept me hooked from start to finish. Please read the books before watching the movies! They cheesed up the movies and you'll appreciate the books so much more! ( )
  Bookapotamus | Jun 27, 2018 |
I'm sure some of my SF comrades will dismiss these novels as "escapist young adult fiction." Fair enough. Maybe I'm just immature (my wife will vouch for that in a heartbeat ;-). But I'd list two recent "young adult" fiction series among my all-time favorites, and The Hunger Games ranks beside Harry Potter in that category for me. Both are simply tremendous examples of the storyteller's art. Both feature protagonists, antagonists, and supporting casts of characters who grab the reader's imagination and refuse to let go. And I'll make a confession: The Hunger Games is the first trilogy I can remember that hooked me so profoundly that I re-read it, start to finish, as soon as I digested the last line of the last book.
added by btburt | editWork in Progress, Brian Burt (Oct 26, 2014)

I stare down at my shoes, watching as a fine layer of ash settles on the worn leather.

Hunger games is an action/love story about a brave young woman that puts her own life at stake to save her sisters. She is forced into an arena with a group of boys and girls between the ages of 12 and 18 and told to fight to the death until there is one child left standing. There are 12 districts from where people are from. One boy and one girl are chosen at random every year as a reminder not to rebel against the government. This masquer is shown all over the cities for everyone to see on large tv screens. The citizens all watch, some in fear for there loved ones lives and some in fear of losing the bet they placed on a certain tribute to be the final one standing.

The extraordinary, ground breaking New York Times bestsellers The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, along with the third book in The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay, are available for the first time ever in a beautiful boxset edition. Stunning, gripping, and powerful. The trilogy is now complete!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:42 -0400)

Collects all three adventures of Katniss and the District 12 team, as they compete in the annual televised survival competition to secure a life of safety and plenty for themselves and their families.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,852,541 books! | Top bar: Always visible