Inside Out by Lauren Dane

(This review applies to books 1, 2, and 3 in this series)

This Brown Siblings series is a little more risque than Dane’s Chase Brothers series. While the Chase Brothers books are mostly conventional romance with some explicit sex, these books are closer to erotica. Lots of sex, with forays into S&M, and in the first one, a MMF relationship. But, hiding behind all the sex is a decent story, where the characters have deeper issues to deal with than who’s going to be on top this time. I think Dane is my new go-to author if I’m looking for this type of book. ( )
  miyurose | Oct 14, 2013 |
Reread 12/7/10 - Although I enjoyed this book the first time around, I remember thinking parts of it were really slow. I didn't find that to be the case upon re-reading though. I fell in love with Cope all over again (those packages he sent Ella? awesome) and really enjoyed seeing Ella come back into her own.

8/20/10 - Another great novel in Dane's Brown Siblings series. I love that the focus of these novels is directly on the characters and their growing relationship, instead of outside conflicts and misunderstandings.

I really adored Ella and Cope both separately and as a couple. They had amazing chemistry and really got each other. They were both willing to look past the surface and see the real person inside. ( )
  cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |
Ella Tipton has spent the time since her ex-boyfriend nearly killed her recovering in more ways than one. Finally, with the near completion of her degree and a placement doing a job she loves working with people who are where she was Ella is ready to take the next step in her new life. Andrew Copeland has always been something of a playboy, but he’s finally ready to settle down, and he knows exactly who he wants. The self-defense lessons that Cope has agreed to give Ella bring the two closer than ever before and it doesn’t take long for them to find that together, they can handle anything that comes their way.

Lauren Dane’s Inside Out is the third book in the Brown Siblings series and is an excellent addition at that. While each of the books in this series are romance and very steamy, they each deal with some big underlying issue (or issues). With the first book it was learning to accept ones-self no matter how frightening you might think that is. In the second it was starting over in a new place. In Inside Out it’s Ella’s putting herself back together and Cope’s learning to love, plus the two sharing some family struggles and learning to deal with them. Inside Out continues a great story with two of my favorite characters. I’m very much anticipating the last book in the series. ( )
  amongstories | Jun 13, 2013 |
I went back and forth on this one. At times I thought I'd give it four stars, but at other parts I was tempted to do two. Parts of it I really liked--Ella is a strong character, working her way back from an experience that nearly killed her. Cope is a fun, strong male lead. However, at times their dialogue--both internal and external--seemed to be a bit much. The climax at the end practically wasn't. I guess I just expected a bit more than was actually there. I am going to give the first two in the series a try, though--the characters from those books featured prominently in this one and I would like to see how they got to where they are (but this was the only book my library's Overdrive had, so I started here). ( )
  beckymmoe | Apr 20, 2013 |
Not enjoying this one as much as the first two in the series sadly. I do like Ms. Dane's writing most of the time but this one is lacking in conflict between the h/h and some of the dialogue between the guys doesn't seem like it would be what a guy would say - too "girly". However, I'm only about halfway through and it may pick up. It's not awful by any means and I won't struggle to finish it, it's just that IMO the earlier 2 (so far at least!) were so much better.I've finished it now. 2.5 stars overall. Disappointing for me. I feel bad because I really wanted to like it more than I did. I'm looking forward to Adrian's book though - hopefully it will have more of the main couple and less of the previous couples (in Inside Out, I felt like there was too much time spent on the previous couples and not enough on the h/h). Plus, I'm curious who Adrian will end up with. Please God not Raven though. ( )
  Kaetrin | Aug 13, 2012 |

Ella Tipton is a survivor. In the wake of an attack that left her nearly dead, she’s spent each day putting her life back together. Once vibrant and outgoing, she’s needed to reclaim the best parts of who she was while retaining the hard won lessons. There hasn’t been room for any romantic entanglements, even if she were ready. Still, it didn’t mean she had to stop sneaking looks at Mister Tall, Dark and Tattooed himself.

Security professional Andrew Copeland isn’t quite sure when his jones for the lovely and decidedly skittish Ella developed. He’s known her for years, has watched her triumph over the pain she’d been dealt. Cope is no stranger to women, but he knows the nervous flush he gets every time he talks to her is different than any attraction he’s had in the past. Determined to get Ella to let him in, Andy does the one thing he can think of to get close: he offers her hands-on training in self-defense.

While Ella’s sure he’s just being nice, the prospect of being able to touch him and gain the tools to push away the last vestiges of her fear is more than she can resist. Soon enough, Cope shows Ella his feelings are far more than friendly and re-ignites something deep inside her. Before long desire and love turn them both inside out.

The latest "sexy, pulse-pounding adventure"* (Jaci Burton) from the national bestselling author of Coming Undone.

In the wake of an attack that left her nearly dead, Ella Tipton has spent each day putting her life back together. She doesn't have any room for romance, but that doesn't mean she has to stop admiring the scenery.

Sexy security professional Andrew Copeland is no stranger to women, but he knows Ella is something different. Determined to get her to let him in, Andy does the one thing he can think of to get close: he offers her hands-on training in self-defense-and before long, all that skin on skin contact with have them both turning inside out.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:53 -0400)

"Ella has survived an attack that nearly left her dead. Once vibrant and outgoing, she's needed to reclaim the best parts of who she was, and there hasn't been room for any romantic entanglements. She sneaks looks at security professional Andrew Copeland, who gets a nervous flush every time he talks to Ella. Trying to get close to her he offers her hands-on training in self-defense ..."--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,648,392 books! | Top bar: Always visible