Eona by Alison Goodman

Eona (2011)

by Alison Goodman

Eon's secret that she is really Eona is out, mostly only to her supporters to keep her hidden as long as possible from Sethon's reach. But the lies and secrets in Eona's life are still ongoing. She holds back secrets that she's afraid would mean the death of her and is slowly losing herself. I could see Eona falling into the trap of believing her own lies and also having difficulty trusting her friends. It doesn't help that Lord Ido is corrupting her mind using her doubts to turn her against the people she should trust. Eona is keeping things about her ancestors from the new Pearl Emperor Kygo and feels betrayed when she finds out he's keeping things from her too. Eona as uncovered her femininity, she has come into her herself as Lady Dragoneye Eona but now in this conclusion of the series she has to learn to trust and earn trust and find out who she is as a person. I continue to be awed by the Asian influences and the epic world building. A very good concise series, not overdone or unnecessarily drawn out. ( )
  GigisIrieReads | Apr 20, 2016 |
Ungh. I mostly just wanted to get this (long) book over with so I could read something else. I really liked the world that Goodman had built in the first book, Eon, but this book just seemed to drag on interminably. Then, BOOM, climax, nothing. I'd have preferred at least the literary equivalent of a cigarette afterward. It felt like such a lot of work to get to the end and then I couldn't believe that was it.

I think I prefer trilogies; at least then you get a third book to take you beyond the angsty whatever of the second installment.

It still gets three stars for being an interesting world (but truthfully this installment of it feels more like 2.5 stars). ( )
  chessakat | Feb 5, 2016 |
It took a long time for this sequel to come out and then it felt like it took an even longer time for me to finally get to it. There were a lot of details from the first book that I had forgotten but a lot of things that I remembered. This book doesn't retread much, so it's worth it to reread the first if you have the time.

Based on my review of the first book, it sounds like I liked this volume a lot more. I wasn't expecting the ending, the truth behind Kinra's past, or the truth behind the dragons and their dragoneyes. I really enjoyed all the detail that went into the story. ( )

Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

Facing the ultimate battle for control of the land she calls home, Eona finds herself waging an internal battle every bit as devastating as the war threatening to break out across the kingdom.

77 wanted8 pay7 pay

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Eona by Alison Goodman was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,251,845 books! | Top bar: Always visible