An Evil Cradling by Brian Keenan

An Evil Cradling (1992)

by Brian Keenan

A beautifully written account of Keenan's time as a hostage in Lebanon, this is a moving and eloquent tribute to the human spirit. ( )
  bodachliath | Nov 4, 2014 |
An amazing book - one that moves me no matter how many times I read it - Keenan writes so eloquently about his experience. I would argue this is the must read book on the expereince of being a hostage. ( )
  Watwoman | Oct 22, 2011 |
Very moving account of 4 1/2 years of being held captive by terrorists in Lebanon. The strength of mind required to stay sane in solitary and very confined quarters is incredible. The compassion Brian Keenan shows towards many of his guards is inspiring. ( )
  torontolibrarian | Apr 5, 2011 |
I can see the literary value of this book, but frankly, it struck me as too contrived. Something about it is just too-too...still, it's a moving account of a senseless act. ( )
  bookweaver | Jun 5, 2010 |
In the mid 90's I read a lot of the books written by the hostages taken in Lebanon. The hostages were released when I was in my late teens and I still remember the pictures of these frail men leaving planes. Of all the books, this is the best. It is literate and emotional. Brian Keenan is incredibly honest about how he felt. It can be a hard book to read - several pages were read through a haze of tears. But what I remember most about it is the relationship between him and John McCarthy and how they kept each other sane during an insane situation.
Don't miss it. ( )
  infjsarah | Aug 31, 2008 |

Brian Keenan went to Beirut in 1985 for a change of scene from his native Belfast. He became headline news when he was kidnapped by fundamentalist Shi'ite militiamen and held for the next four and a half years.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,601,641 books! | Top bar: Always visible