When Beauty Tamed the Beast (Fairy Tales) by…

When Beauty Tamed the Beast (Fairy Tales) (edition 2011)

by Eloisa James (Author)

Member:amckie
Title:When Beauty Tamed the Beast (Fairy Tales)
Authors:Eloisa James (Author)
Info:Avon (2011), Edition: Original, 384 pages
Rating:***
Tags:2016, .Fiction, Romance

When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James

When Beauty Tamed the Beast
4.5 Stars

Synopsis
Linnet Berry Thrynne is the belle of the ball until she is dumped by a prince and snubbed by the ton. Her only prospects are to marry Piers Yelverton the misanthropic Earl of Marchant nicknamed the Beast. Will he succumb to her charms or will she fall for a man incapable of loving her in return?

Review
A sexy and steamy retelling of the traditional Beauty and the Beast tale and a must read for lovers of historical romance.

Piers is obviously modeled on my favorite TV doctor, Gregory House (didn't need the historical note to confirm this). He is scarred, tortured and downright rude but not nearly as beastly and irascible as I thought he would be. Linnet is beautiful both outside and in, and she never allows Piers to bully or intimidate her. Their verbal sparring is witty and snarky, and their steamy scenes sensual and sexy.

My one small issue is with Linnet's father and aunt who are ridiculous caricatures but the rest of the secondary cast from the nosy butler to the endearing boy and his flea bitten dog are simply wonderful.

Run, do not walk, to the nearest bookstore or website and get this book. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Nov 19, 2016 |
Eloisa James had me giggling several times. Her writing is very easy going and funny. I rather enjoyed this book as a fun little side reading. The characters where well developed and the sparing going on between beast and beauty was witty and amusing. ( )
  Alexis_D. | Sep 23, 2016 |
3.5 ( )
  Amanda105 | Sep 5, 2016 |
So I think I just have to own up to the fact that romance novels are helping me through my current post-graduate degree at university.

They're fluffy, light, easy content allows me to relax long enough to prepare myself for the day or fall asleep properly.

When Beauty Tamed the Beast actually has some lines that were funny enough to make me laugh, although I think the plot lacked something. One of my favourite things about romance novels is that they're painstakingly predictable, but this plot didn't really have a threat that I felt?

So, I liked the writing and I enjoyed some of the characters. It was better than some that I've read but it did have a bit of a lull in the middle of the book.

All in all, I'd like to read more of James' work, but if you're looking for historical accuracy and a huge plot, this romance novel probably isn't for you. c:

Edit Delete ( )
  lydia1879 | Aug 31, 2016 |
Well that was a fun & frothy bit of fluff, as the saying goes.  I really didn't recognize the fairy tale in it, but I certainly recognized Dr. House, just from seeing other ppl watch the show.   ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |

James, Eloisaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Duerden, SusanReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Cruz, DomingasRevisãosecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hennebelle, EdwigeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Santos, Maria Manuela Novais dosTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to my fabulous editor, Carrie Feron.  She always pushes me to my very best writing, but with this book, her editing brought the novel to a whole new level.  This one's for you, sweetie.
Beautiful girls in fairy stories are as common as pebbles on the beach.

Miss Linnet Berry Thrynne is a Beauty . . . Naturally, she's betrothed to a Beast.
Piers Yelverton, Earl of Marchant, lives in a castle in Wales where, it is rumored, his bad temper flays everyone he crosses. And rumor also has it that a wound has left the earl immune to the charms of any woman.
Linnet is not just any woman.
She is more than merely lovely: her wit and charm brought a prince to his knees. She estimates the earl will fall madly in love—in just two weeks.
Yet Linnet has no idea of the danger posed to her own heart by a man who may never love her in return.
If she decides to be very wicked indeed . . . what price will she pay for taming his wild heart?

"Miss Linnet Berry Thrynne is a beauty. Naturally, she's betrothed to a beast. ... Linnet has no idea of the danger posed to her heart by a man who may never love her in return. If she decides to be very wicked indeed, what price will she pay for taming his wild heart?"--from publisher's description.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,481,157 books! | Top bar: Always visible