Koko be good by Jen Wang

Koko be good (original 2010; edition 2010)

by Jen Wang

Member:alexiscartwheel
Title:Koko be good
Authors:Jen Wang
Info:New York : First Second, 2010.
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:fiction

Koko Be Good by Jen Wang (2010)

I really enjoyed this. A quick read for me since it's a graphic novel. It's charming and funny but also dramatic and poignant. I loved the three
main characters and how their lives intersected and affected each other. I definitely have to see if this author has written/illustrated other works! ( )
  EllAreBee | Sep 19, 2016 |
An interesting graphic novel that explores funny, painful, and rapid growing pains of three new adults. The characters are all messy train-wrecks (and not likable at ALL) and the limited sepia color palate and amazing expressiveness of the characters' faces by the author/artist worked together with the text to pull me back in to my own teens and early twenties. Recommended for older teens and adults. ( )
  LadyBill | Jan 23, 2016 |
Loved this book! The art style, the frames, the pacing, the story - nothing profound but a fun quick read that left me delighted. I might just read this again before I return it. ( )
  swampygirl | Dec 9, 2013 |
Wang's art is exquisite in the same way Thompson's is. The story here doesn't start out so well, but by chapter three, I couldn't put it down. HIGHLY recommended. ( )
  JWarren42 | Oct 10, 2013 |
The story didn't really do it for me, though Faron was cute. I liked the art a lot. ( )
  kgib | Mar 31, 2013 |

"Koko's always got a new project cooking, even though they usually end in total disaster. This time will be different, Koko promises herself. This time, she's decided to Be Good. But how can a girl whose greatest talent is causing trouble get her act cleaned up? If she's being honest with herself, Koko isn't even sure what 'being good' means. Jon knows what being good means, and that's why he's going to Peru to support his girlfriend's humanitarian mission. That's good, all right, but is it what he wants? Jon has a promising future as a musician. Is he ready to give that up--maybe forever? Two very different people, both struggling for direction, find their way into each other's lives in Jen Wang's first graphic novel. Honest, wrenching, and incredibly funny, Koko Be Good is a tour-de-force debut about human nature and the inhuman efforts we make to find ourselves."--Publisher's Web site.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,832,810 books! | Top bar: Always visible