Plague: A Gone Novel by Michael Grant

Authors:Michael Grant
Info:Katherine Tegen Books (no date), Hardcover, 576 pages
Rating:*****

Plague by Michael Grant

English (31)  Dutch (1)  All (32)
I'd like to see this storyline actually go somewhere - mostly each successive book has simply introduced a new terror that the hapless kids have to suffer through. There is still very little explanation about what happened and what is real. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Mar 6, 2017 |
I’m a squeamish sort of person. Horror movies gross me out. Bad injuries make me cringe. Blood? Forget about it. I’m the type of person that got anxiety watching Kenan and Kel. Needless to say, a book entitled Plague was really masochistic on my part. And this was probably not going to be just any plague, since its appearance is in Michael Grant’s Gone series. In a small beach town where we’ve already met kids that have super powers, a radioactive monster called the Darkness, and kids with whip hands, Plague was going to be anything but normal.

I’m sure I could go into detail about all these gruesome aspects, but I’ll spare the squeamish like me and the excitable people who watch horror movies for fun. I’m on to you guys.

In Plague, the flu epidemic from the Lies has taken a turn for the worse. Kids are becoming deathly ill and Perdido Beach is running out of water (like they didn’t need anything else to be thrown in their face). Albert sends Sam and a crew of people to investigate the problem, and ultimately figure out a solution. With the town virtually defenseless without Sam, Drake/Brittany decide to break free and wreck havoc on the town, a la Darkness style. With kids unable to fight back, someone has to call in the big guns. Plague often left me in a state of ‘oh snap!’, which has only happened a few times since the initial Gone days.

More at BOOKISH reviews ( )
  s.pando | Nov 4, 2016 |

More at BOOKISH reviews ( )
  s.pando | Nov 4, 2016 |
READ IN ENGLISH

Fourth book in the Gone Series. I liked reading it, it is always something to look forward to when I see the newest of the Gone novels has arrived at my library. Again with this one.

One could possibly think that after four books, the story tends to get a bit boring but somehow that isn't how I see it. I loved reading it, and I think they're getting better every book I read. They have new problems every time, but they don't seem that weird for me.
I've also read Kings Under The Dome, which has some parallels, but I actually like this series better. I'm really interested in what comes next and I can't wait for my library to finally buy the fifth book! ( )
  Floratina | May 26, 2016 |
This series is everything you could want from a dystopian adventure. You've got good vs. evil, you've got kids in charge of things, you've even got super powers and mutations! Every volume leaves me breathless and in anticipation of the next book. If you're the kind of person who's not so into the love triangle, you won't get that from this series, but there were some things in this volume that added to the relationship dynamic in the FAYZ. There's a very big shock with Diana! And again, we lose some people we would have liked to save. And the newest character to be introduced is very intriguing to me, I'm excited to read more about him! I'm so happy to have started reading a series that still has me so enthusiastic after the 4th book. I highly recommend these books, not only for teens and young adults, but for adults like me as well. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
For Katherine, Jake, and Julia
He stood poised on the edge of a sheet of glass.

The action-packed thrillers in the Gone series are all Grant's. As is his newest series, the Magnificent Twelve, in which he delves into his inner (or, some might say, not so inner) child to create Mack, the unlikeliest of heroes.

A deadly, flu-like epidemic and a plague of flesh-eating creatures threaten the lives of the children at Perdido Beach while Sam, Astrid, Caine, and Diana each struggle with doubts and uncertainties.

Michael Grant is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,250,979 books! | Top bar: Always visible