(George) by E. L. Konigsburg

(George)

by E. L. Konigsburg

i have always loved this book ( )
  ansate | Oct 29, 2017 |
Very interesting topic for a children's book. I did find some of the dialog kind of stilted, but it was fascinating to see this mental illness addressed. I am an admirer of Konigsburg. I'm so impressed by the range of her writing. Very different books one from another. This was not my favorite of hers. ( )
  njcur | Jul 17, 2017 |
I wonder where all the other editions of this are? ?ŠIt was originally published in 1970... as one can guess just by looking at the inside illustrations....

Anyway, it's definitely still a relevant book. ?áStill subversive, still good for prompting conversations. ?áI, personally, love the ending... but some might not....Ben got to keep George, didn't get 'cured' -- I wish I had a George or at least that I could remember having an imaginary friend, but I was never creative.... ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
Decidedly odd story of a young man who may be inhabited by his "concentric twin" or may be mentally ill. Konigsburg is an excellent writer who manages to present the viewpoint of Ben (within whom George lives) in a normal fashion. Ben's always had George, and that's just the way it is. The exploration of Ben's psyche and the story arc are done very well. It's the kind of book that pops into your head weeks and years later. The moral quandaries were painted with a pretty broad brush, though, and the wicked stepmother could be straight out of the Brothers Grimm. ( )
  satyridae | Apr 5, 2013 |
  BRCSBooks | Feb 9, 2012 |
Originally published as " Benjamin Dickinson Carr and His".

When twelve-year-old Benjamin refuses to see what is going on in his chemistry lab, the little man who lives inside of him must finally speak out in public for the safety of all concerned.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,976,382 books! | Top bar: Always visible