Outwitting Trolls: A Brady Coyne Novel by…

Outwitting Trolls: A Brady Coyne Novel (edition 2010)

by William G. Tapply

Member:milibrarian
Title:Outwitting Trolls: A Brady Coyne Novel
Authors:William G. Tapply
Info:Minotaur Books (2010), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 288 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:murder, vetinarians, lawyers

Outwitting Trolls by William G. Tapply

Good mystery. I didn't read the prior books, but that didn't seem to hurt at all. The twist with the real murder surprised me and really worked.

I liked that Brady read Moby Dick to put himself to sleep. I agree with his feelings about the chapter on whales' tails.

I would like to read the earlier books in the series. ( )
  nx74defiant | May 11, 2017 |
Good mystery. The victim doesn't garner much sympathy, but the characters were interesting, the story was compelling, and while I guess whodunnit, it wasn't until after the halfway mark, not bad! ( )
  yonitdm | Dec 10, 2015 |
  yonitdm | Dec 10, 2015 |
Dissapointing in that the criminal was rather mundane and once again the protagonist doesn't learn how to manage his personal life. ( )
  DrLed | Feb 24, 2013 |
I read this less than a month ago, and I've completely forgotten it. Lawyer Brady Coyne helps a friend who finds her dead husband in a hotel room. I don't even remember how it turns out. And I didn't rush out to get anymore in this series which is review enough. ( )
  susanamper | May 22, 2011 |

Brady Coyne is a Boston attorney who focuses on a few private clients and the legal drudgery of their everyday life, which leads to a generally unexciting life. Brady, however, gets a call from an old friend and former neighbor—a man from his past as a happily married man. When Brady was married and living in suburbia, Ken Nichols was his happily married neighbor. Both marriages fell apart years ago and Brady moved to Boston while Ken Nichols moved to Baltimore. Now a decade later and in Boston for a conference, Ken contacts Brady for a get-together and a drink. It’s an uneventful evening but the next day Brady gets a call from Nichols’ ex-wife. She’s standing in her ex’s hotel room, Nichols is lying dead on the floor of his room and she needs Brady’s help.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:07 -0400)

Brady Coyne is a Boston attorney who focuses on a few private clients and the legal drudgery of their everyday life, which leads to a generally unexciting life. Brady, however, gets a call from an old friend and former neighbor, a man from his past. When Brady was married and living in suburbia, Ken Nichols was his happily married neighbor. Both marriages fell apart years ago and Brady moved to Boston while Ken Nichols moved to Baltimore. Now a decade later and in Boston for a conference, Ken contacts Brady for a get together and a drink. It's an uneventful evening but the next day Brady gets a call from Nichols' ex-wife. She's standing in her ex's hotel room, Nichols is lying dead on the floor of his room and she needs Brady's help. But this savage murder is only the first and Brady is soon trying to find the connection between these long ago friends and the savage murders dogging their family.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,415,104 books! | Top bar: Always visible