The Secret: The Power by Rhonda Byrne

The Secret: The Power (2010)

by Rhonda Byrne

English (7)  Spanish (2)  All languages (9)
Good book. I kept thinking of the Beatles. "All you need is love." ( )
  jmcgarry2011 | May 9, 2014 |
I found the marjority part of the book are just repeating itself. ( )
  leidewen | Apr 9, 2013 |
Uplifting and Enlightening Book.

Having owned The Secret, when I saw this book I had to read it and the message is so clear, that indeed, we can see how children in all their innocence but filled with love have such care-free and stress-free lives, because of one word LOVE!

The Power spoken about in this book, is truly within each and everyone of us and I hope you will read the book if you have not yet done so, and if you have re-read it over and over again as you face each day. ( )
  Bgem | Aug 7, 2012 |
The message of this book is not new - what we put out into the world reflects back on us. An elaborate version of "what goes around comes around." I do believe in that. The quotes in the book are even interesting and from a wide variety of sources. The book itself, however, is repetitive presenting the same idea over and over again. ( )
  njmom3 | May 16, 2011 |
Uplifting and Profound

I was inspired by The Secret, and when I saw The Power, my curiosity was immediately piqued. The cover was so lovely, the description was captivating, so I gifted myself this book. Although at first the teachings of this book may seem simplistic, they are actually quite profound. The knowledge and wisdom imparted through its pages have changed my life for the better. I put the recommendations to work in my daily life and experienced immediate, ongoing positive results and changes. It is something I will forever be grateful for. I will continue to use The Power in my own life, for the rest of my life. I am a more positive & happy person because of it.

Not only is this a deeply meaningful book, but it is nothing short of a work of art. The design and illustrations are absolutely gorgeous. Aesthetically, it is such a pleasure to read through, and the imagery serves to drive home its points. The Power is a book that I will give to my friends and family for special occasions, and whenever I notice someone in my life in need of its teachings.

I rarely read a book twice, but The Power is a book I will refer to again and again throughout the rest of my life. It is that good, that meaningful. I wish everyone would read it and embrace what it teaches. The world would be a much happier, kinder place. I am uplifted by having read it and enjoy the benefits regularly. Bring some positive energy into your own life, change your relationships and circumstances for the better by reading The Power and putting its teachings into practice. A new you and a new world awaits...

Rai Aren, co-author of Secret of the Sands ( )
  RaiAren | Feb 20, 2011 |
Byrne’s onslaught of pseudoscientific jargon serves mostly to establish an “illusion of knowledge,” as social scientists call our tendency to believe we understand something much better than we really do.

The creed promulgated by “The Secret” and “The Power” is finally noteworthy not for its audacity—many religions promise more—but for its modesty, its thinness. In distilling a spiritual message that claims to be compatible with all religious traditions, Byrne has had to bracket all possible points of disagreement, discarding anything that might seem, as Winfrey put it, “weird.” The result is a pair of religious books curiously devoid of ancient lore and esoteric beliefs, history and holiness—curiously devoid of religion itself.

The Power is certainly a deeply, disturbingly strange book. I didn’t think it was possible to give love a bad name, but after reading The Power, all I can hope is that Byrne puts a little ... something else in her heart. I recommend the power of reason.
added by Shortride | editNewsweek, Jerry Adler (Aug 20, 2010)

The Power, dubbed the sequel to The Secret, is the highly anticipated follow-up revealing everything Rhonda Byrne has learned and attracted to herself since the release of The Secret in 2006. She shows how perfect health, incredible relationships, a career you love, a life filled with happiness, and the money you need to be, do, and have everything you want comes from one positive source of power.… (more)

274 wanted4 pay5 pay

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,254,256 books! | Top bar: Always visible