The Secret: The Power by Rhonda Byrne

The Secret: The Power (2010)

by Rhonda Byrne

English (10)  Spanish (2)  All languages (12)
An excellent book based on the power of your mind, your emotions and your thoughts, you control you own destiny by the feelings you emit to the universe. A great book to help you take control of your life. ( )
  brandymuss | Mar 15, 2016 |
The only fault in this book, in my opinion, is that she leaves out God's will. I believe love and faith are powerful forces indeed and can work miracles. But it's God who blesses us, and who knows what we really want and need. I don't believe it's quite like placing an order with the universe as she suggests. But I do love the message and the power of positive thought. It really helped me focus on my feelings and realize how many of them are negative. I'm going to change that. And it gave me the desire for much greater love. ( )
  KR_Patterson | Apr 28, 2015 |
Basically - love is power. Some of her tricks may work, such as imagining yourself in a certain position and then getting there OR treating people the way you want to be treated, but they surely won't work for the reasons that the author gives. ( )
  ecoprob | Apr 25, 2015 |
Good book. I kept thinking of the Beatles. "All you need is love." ( )
  jmcgarry2011 | May 9, 2014 |
I found the marjority part of the book are just repeating itself. ( )
  leidewen | Apr 9, 2013 |
Byrne’s onslaught of pseudoscientific jargon serves mostly to establish an “illusion of knowledge,” as social scientists call our tendency to believe we understand something much better than we really do.

The creed promulgated by “The Secret” and “The Power” is finally noteworthy not for its audacity—many religions promise more—but for its modesty, its thinness. In distilling a spiritual message that claims to be compatible with all religious traditions, Byrne has had to bracket all possible points of disagreement, discarding anything that might seem, as Winfrey put it, “weird.” The result is a pair of religious books curiously devoid of ancient lore and esoteric beliefs, history and holiness—curiously devoid of religion itself.

The Power is certainly a deeply, disturbingly strange book. I didn’t think it was possible to give love a bad name, but after reading The Power, all I can hope is that Byrne puts a little ... something else in her heart. I recommend the power of reason.
added by Shortride | editNewsweek, Jerry Adler (Aug 20, 2010)

The Power, dubbed the sequel to The Secret, is the highly anticipated follow-up revealing everything Rhonda Byrne has learned and attracted to herself since the release of The Secret in 2006. She shows how perfect health, incredible relationships, a career you love, a life filled with happiness, and the money you need to be, do, and have everything you want comes from one positive source of power.… (more)

Beyond Words Publishing

3 editions of this book were published by Beyond Words Publishing.

Editions: 1439181780, 1442337966, 1451620969

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,472,823 books! | Top bar: Always visible