Devlin & Garrick by Cameron Dane

Devlin & Garrick

by Cameron Dane

Just finished reading this for the second time. Loved it as much as the first! Dev and Denny are soldering together. Now I'm really, really itching for Maggie and Wyn's story! ( )
  gigi9988776 | Apr 9, 2013 |
  gigi9988776 | Apr 9, 2013 |
It was a bit that I hadn’t read a book by Cameron Dane and so I had almost forgotten one of their peculiarities: the extremely erotic undertone of the stories. As soon as I started to read this book, I was thinking, well, this is pretty hot stuff; the good thing is that the hot stuff was good and plenty, but was not a substitute for the plot itself: the story was there and it was developing along with the sex. When I was more or less at the middle of the book, I went back reading the review I did for the previous book in the series, the story of Aidan and Ethan, and I found out that the same eroticism was also in that story and that it left me the same feeling as well.

The plot is at the same time complex and simple: Devlin met the man of his dreams five years before in San Francisco and his name was Gradyn; after a weekend of sex and six months of long-distance relationship, Gradyn completely disappeared from Devlin’s life, leaving him pining after the perfect man he is not able to replace. Devlin is not living in Redemption, Maine, far away from San Francisco but the man he meets here, Garrick is different in body from Gradyn, but Devlin knows he is the same man. What Garrick/Gradyn is doing in Redemption Devlin doesn’t know, but for sure Devlin will not the man waltzing away from his life as easily as he did before.

The complex part of the story is that, at this point it almost runs in parallel ways, the Devlin and Gradyn of the past living their perfect weekend together (and most of the hot sex is there too) and the Devlin and Garrick of today trying to find a way to reconcile their differences to have a future together. As I did in the previous story, what I like in this story is that, even if one of the men, Devlin, had all the reason to hate the “prodigal lover”, he doesn’t refuse the second chance at love they have, even if he doesn’t make it easy to his lover to ask for forgiveness.

When I said that the story is also simple is because the reason why Gradyn had to go years ago to me was quite clear and it was not necessary to arrive to the apex when Garrick comes clear to Devlin; that sincerely is not an issue for me, since it was more important that the balance between sex/eroticism and plot was maintained, the characters developed nicely and the supporting characters were good (above all little Shawn).

elisa.rolle | Jan 30, 2011 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,361,260 books! | Top bar: Always visible