The Case Against Satan by Ray Russell

The Case Against Satan (1962)

by Ray Russell

This one was disturbing and weird. I can't say it was 'fun' in the usual sense, I mean it is a horror novel and I don't know how much of the Catholicism is based in faction or fiction, but it was fun in that way that disturbing movies like the Exorcist are.
It did have a few dated notions and lines that had me rolling my eyes - the reason for the lost star, but overall it's one I'll probably reread. I would definitely recommend this around Halloween or if you like movies like The Exorcist or Rosemary's Baby. ( )
1 vote Adilinaria | Aug 11, 2017 |
All Hail the Lord and Master Satan. ( )
  librarylord99 | Apr 19, 2016 |
Salacious twaddle.
1 vote SomeGuyInVirginia | Oct 21, 2015 |

Teenager Susan Garth was "a clean-talking sweet little girl" of high school age before she started having "fits"-a sudden aversion to churches and a newfound fondness for vulgarity. Then one night, she strips in front of the parish priest and sinks her nails into his throat. If not madness, then the answer must be demonic possession. To vanquish the Devil, Bishop Crimmings recruits Father Gregory Sargent, a younger priest with a taste for modern ideas and brandy. As the two men fight not just the darkness tormenting Susan but also one another, a soul-chilling revelation lurks in the shadows-one that knows that the darkest evil goes by many names.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,421,293 books! | Top bar: Always visible