Deadline by Mira Grant

Deadline

by Mira Grant

Series: Newsflesh (2)

Feed by Mira Grant (bikeracer4487)
    bikeracer4487: 1st book in the Newsflesh series (START HERE)
    World War Z by Max Brooks (bikeracer4487)
    Blackout by Mira Grant (bikeracer4487)
    bikeracer4487: 3rd and final book in the Newsflesh series

This was a good book, but it drove me nuts how much deus ex machina kept happening. It felt artificial, because it kept happening. They happen to find the one person who has the answer, they happen to stumble into the one place that has the item they need, etc. ( )
  wodenthewanderer | Aug 14, 2018 |
After Georgia's death I was a bit reluctant to start this.
I'm glad I did. Georgia continues on as Sean's imaginary friend/voice/psychotic break. I just wish that if Grant decided to go this route, she would have gone whole-hog and played it up, rather than have the occasional Obi-Wan cameos.

Also, the sex scenes were completely gratuitous and did NOTHING to further the plot or character development.

But the end...oh the end...so predictable and cliche. So overdone and unimaginative...So, thoroughly gratifying. Normally, I would abhor the way this ended, but I needed it. Thoroughly, genuinely *needed* it... ( )
  benuathanasia | Mar 27, 2018 |
Great follow up to "Feed", loved every minute of it. But that ending! Those last couple of chapters! That LAST CHAPTER!!!! I NEED [b:Blackout|11806716|Blackout (Newsflesh Trilogy, #3)|Mira Grant|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1317680509s/11806716.jpg|13465100] NOW!!!!!
I'm so tempted to read the extracts at the end of this book and online but I shouldn't. That's bad! I need to know what happens next though, and I need to know now! ( )
  WeeWeegieBookworm | Mar 24, 2018 |
I think this book really deserved a 3.5. Shaun reeealy got on my nerves in this book. He whined a lot about a ton of things. Other than that, the constant repeated description of "slapped my/our hands on the blood testing units/whatever" was rather annoying too. Over all though, this book was pretty enjoyable. ( )
  Moore31 | Feb 25, 2018 |
  Moore31 | Feb 25, 2018 |

Grant, Miraprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Panepinto, LaurenCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I am honored to dedicate this book to
Brooke Amber Lunderville
and
Rae Hanson.

The Rising would have been very different without them.
Our story opens where countless stories have ended in the last twenty-seven years: with an idiot—in this case, Rebecca Atherton, head of the After the End Times Irwins, winner of the Golden Steve-o Award for valor in the face of the undead—deciding it would be a good idea to go out and poke a zombie with a stick to see what happens.

When a CDC researcher, after faking her own death, arrives on his doorstep with a ravenous pack of zombies in tow, Shaun Mason, the head of a news organization, is plunged into the biggest story of his life.

Orbit Books

An edition of this book was published by Orbit Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,616,566 books! | Top bar: Always visible