Anne Frank: The Anne Frank House Authorized…

Anne Frank: The Anne Frank House Authorized Graphic Biography (edition 2010)

by Sid Jacobson (Author)

2251951,607 (3.88)8
Member:EDHSLC
Title:Anne Frank: The Anne Frank House Authorized Graphic Biography
Authors:Sid Jacobson (Author)
Info:Hill and Wang (2010), 160 pages
Collections:Graphic Text, Your library

Anne Frank: The Anne Frank House Authorized Graphic Biography by Sid Jacobson

English (18)  Dutch (1)  All (19)
This graphic novel is a gorgeous well-written portrayal of the events of Anne Frank's life and life during WWII. This is a perfect addition to a home collection or any young adult collection. The writing and art work are easy to relate to and the graphic presentation is a relevant and appealing display. ( )
  niquetteb | Jan 25, 2017 |
Quite an extraordinary book. It helps provide historical context for Frank, her family, and the diary. I wish I had come across it when I was a teenager.

It really is just right. ( )
  laurenbufferd | Nov 14, 2016 |
How do I rate this "Liked It" when it's such a tragic story? ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
RGG: It's a graphic biography, not a graphic version of Anne Frank's Diary, meaning it lacks emotional intensity, but it does provide to the reader who pays attention a lot of context knowledge. Reading Interest: 10-12.
  rgruberexcel | Apr 24, 2016 |
One of my favorite books from my childhood was The Diary of Anne Frank, so I knew that I would find a graphic biography of her life fascinating. This graphic novel goes above and beyond, detailing her life beginning before the rise of the Nazi Movement to beyond her death and the eventual publishing of her diary. Having her life detailed in picture brought a new meaning and emotion to her story, which is obviously harrowing. The illustrations are excellent here, and the layout reminds me of the comics that you would find in a newspaper, which is a really interesting format. I would love to see this book used in a classroom setting while teaching history either as an addition to The Novel or possibly as a substitution for The Novel, as I found it equally as affecting. ( )
  mpielak | Mar 11, 2016 |
This account was created with the full cooperation of the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam. Historical contexts, maps, charts, and time lines make the story useful for all ages as a starting point for meeting the plucky Anne as not only memorializer of the Holocaust but also a delightful, perceptive heroine in her own right. The color art is attractive and evocative. An essential purchase.
added by sduff222 | editLibrary Journal, M.C. (Jan 15, 2011)

Sid Jacobsonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Colón, Erniemain authorall editionsconfirmed
I would like to dedicate this book to my children, Seth and Kathy, who but for the
fortune of time and place could have suffered the tragic fate of the
young sisters you are about to meet.
-SID JACOBSON
Watching my daughters grow into young women gave me a deep sense of what
Anne Frank and her sister Margot missed and what a loss they were to us all.
This one is for Amanda, Luisa, and Rebecca.
-ERNIE COLON
"Have I ever told you anything about our family?" Anne Frank asked her diary on May 8, 1944.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0809026856, Paperback)

Product Description
Drawing on the unique historical sites, archives, expertise, and unquestioned authority of the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam, New York Times bestselling authors Sid Jacobson and Ernie Colón have created the first authorized and exhaustive graphic biography of Anne Frank. Their account is complete, covering the lives of Anne’s parents, Edith and Otto; Anne's first years in Frankfurt; the rise of Nazism; the Franks' immigration to Amsterdam; war and occupation; Anne's years in the Secret Annex; betrayal and arrest; her deportation and tragic death in Bergen-Belsen; the survival of Anne's father; and his recovery and publication of her astounding diary.

A Look Inside Anne Frank: The Anne Frank House Authorized Graphic Biography
(Click on Images to Enlarge)

The Nazi party rises to power Hitler becomes Chancellor Hope in the Annex Anne Frank’s first kiss

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:36 -0400)

"Drawing on the unique historical sites, archives, expertise, and unquestioned authority of the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam, the New York Times bestselling authors Sid Jacobson and Ernie Colon have created the first authorized graphic biography of Anne Frank. Their account is complete, covering the lives of Anne's parents, Edith and Otto; Anne's first years in Frankfurt; the rise of Nazism; the Franks' immigration to Amsterdam; war and occupation; Anne's years in the Secret Annex; betrayal and arrest; her deportation and tragic death in Bergen-Belson; the survival of Anne's father; and his recovery and publication of her astounding diary. Carefully researched for historical authenticity, the book includes numerous panels featuring images that have been painstakingly adapted from rare photographs of Anne and her family. A remarkable collaboration of talent, Anne Frank: The Anne Frank House Authorized Graphic Biography not only reflects the dedication of its authors but marks another milestone in the evolution of graphic nonfiction"--Cover, p. 2.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,299,010 books! | Top bar: Always visible