Before We Say Goodbye by Gabriella Ambrosio

Before We Say Goodbye (edition 2010)

by Gabriella Ambrosio

Member:littleton_pace
Title:Before We Say Goodbye
Authors:Gabriella Ambrosio
Info:Walker Childrens Paperbacks (2010), Paperback, 160 pages
Rating:*
Tags:Read in 2012, Terrorists

Before We Say Goodbye by Gabriella Ambrosio

Maybe I just didn't get it, but I just didn't get it.

Way too many characters to keep track of, more than once in the book I thought I was reading someone who had died in a previous chapter. No characters are given any real time to develop and any chance they have it switches to another character's POV. I have no idea the message/meaning of the book at all, nothing is clear. And on top of that a lot of the writing seems jumbled and reads wrong. Example (quoted exactly) from page 121:

"The girl the bag was passing he could only hang on to her to stop her the children the beauty of Lia the sun Amin."

...what? I had to re-read so many sentences of the book that were written like this one, seemingly missing punctuation and basic grammar.

Like I said, I just didn't get it. ( )
  littleton_pace | Nov 28, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 140632504X, Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:31:19 -0400)

Jerusalem, 2002. Where one young Palestinian is about to make the greatest sacrifice of all...In the style of the acclaimed TV drama 24, each chapter covers an hour in the day leading up to the suicide bombing. Written in filmic, dramatic language, this is both pacy and thought-provoking and will appeal to young adults and adults alike. It is endorsed by Amnesty International UK as contributing to a better understanding of human rights and the values that underpin them.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,472,330 books! | Top bar: Always visible