Before We Say Goodbye by Gabriella Ambrosio

Before We Say Goodbye (edition 2010)

by Gabriella Ambrosio

Member:littleton_pace
Title:Before We Say Goodbye
Authors:Gabriella Ambrosio
Info:Walker Childrens Paperbacks (2010), Paperback, 160 pages
Rating:*
Tags:Read in 2012, Terrorists

Before We Say Goodbye by Gabriella Ambrosio

The before and after of a tragic event; and how each of the characters in the story are involved and affected. Offering both sides of the Israeli-Palestine conflict allows the reader to appreciate their viewpoints and the situation. Retribution seems to be the solution but all it does is perpetuate hatred and revenge. People's lives are full of sadness and loss, fear and uncertainty. The path to reconciliation seems remote. What a mess.
Some of the sentences were unusual but this may be the result of translation. A thought-provoking read. ( )
  SueS7 | May 9, 2015 |
Maybe I just didn't get it, but I just didn't get it.

Way too many characters to keep track of, more than once in the book I thought I was reading someone who had died in a previous chapter. No characters are given any real time to develop and any chance they have it switches to another character's POV. I have no idea the message/meaning of the book at all, nothing is clear. And on top of that a lot of the writing seems jumbled and reads wrong. Example (quoted exactly) from page 121:

"The girl the bag was passing he could only hang on to her to stop her the children the beauty of Lia the sun Amin."

...what? I had to re-read so many sentences of the book that were written like this one, seemingly missing punctuation and basic grammar.

Like I said, I just didn't get it. ( )
  littleton_pace | Nov 28, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 140632504X, Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:35 -0400)

Jerusalem, 2002. Where one young Palestinian is about to make the greatest sacrifice of all...In the style of the acclaimed TV drama 24, each chapter covers an hour in the day leading up to the suicide bombing. Written in filmic, dramatic language, this is both pacy and thought-provoking and will appeal to young adults and adults alike. It is endorsed by Amnesty International UK as contributing to a better understanding of human rights and the values that underpin them.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,431,714 books! | Top bar: Always visible