Artificial Life Playhouse: Evolution at Your…

Artificial Life Playhouse: Evolution at Your Fingertips/Book and Disk

by Stephen Prata

All member reviews
When thinking about Knowledge most of us think about books with difficult theories in them. And - with some justification - sociologists and philosophers ask us if that knowledge has actualy anything to do with the world. They talk about knowledge as being a social construction.

But then again I think at least our bodies have knowledge about the world in a very realist sense. We know how to survive in the world, not in the sense of fighting wars, but in the sense of eating and breathing. Our bodies know what to do with the stuff that enters it from day 1 of our existence, it is able to metabolize it and let us live.

Our bodies know a lot more. Our visual system is build to recognize straight lines etc. Our braines. Let's not even begin to speak about the way they are well adapted to this world.

It is evolutionary knowledge our bodies have. Those who didn't have it are no longer alive... ( )
  freetrader | Feb 27, 2009 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,340,872 books! | Top bar: Always visible