666 Park Avenue by Gabriella Pierce

666 Park Avenue

by Gabriella Pierce

Series: 666 Park Avenue (1)

Funny, quick read with an interesting premise. Totally different from the TV series. The heroine is fun and spunky and the Manhattan (and France) settings are very well done. It's a very, very light supernatural though with very few magical elements. It's more like chick-lit with a small magical twist. ( )
  AniGonzalez | Aug 12, 2015 |
I can never resist a novel about witches. There's just something about 'em that calls out to me. *Shrugs* So, when I happened upon 666 Park Avenue while perusing the shelves of my local library one day, I just knew I would have to give it a try.
This is an extremely fun, fast-paced read. The plot definitely sucked me in, and the references to magic were, of course, extremely satisfying. The only aspect of the story that bothered me was the pacing. Pierce wrote wonderful scenes, filled with excitement, drama, and romance, but her descriptions of them seemed somewhat rushed. It felt as though she was in a terrible hurry to just "get on with" the story.
Being as this is a trilogy, I will, of course, be reading the other two novels in the series. I just hope that, in her continued divulgence of the saga of Jane Boyle, Pierce is able to slow down a bit. ( )
  TRWhittier | Nov 24, 2014 |
Well, I decided to give this book a try mainly because of the TV show, except that the two are completely different. I'm not bothered by that too much, it was a nice surprise. It took me quite a while to get into the book. By chapters 10-12 I was ready to give up but I kept going. It wasn't necessarily that bad, it was just not interesting and I didn't care for all the labels and fancy things Jane wears.
About halfway into the book I couldn't stop reading, mainly because of the relationship between Jane and her future mother in law. As much as Lynne's character frustrated me, I was more frustrated with Jane's lack of a backbone and I wanted Jane to do something about it. There was so much going on that by the time the wedding came, I was ready for it to be over.
With that said, it wasn't that bad of a book. It took me far too long to get into it, but I don't really regret reading it. ( )
  darkartsy | Oct 10, 2014 |
I picked this book up because I enjoyed the television series. It was obvious that the book was nothing like the series, but I tried to give it a chance. I found the plot uninteresting, and the main character boring. I gave the book two stars instead of one though, because somehow it kept me reading to the end. ( )
  wincrow | Apr 25, 2014 |
Ugh. ( )
  newskepticx | Dec 18, 2013 |

Gabriella Pierceprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kain, AmandaCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sturge, DiahannDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"'Twirl.'"

Ever since fabulously wealthy Malcolm Doran walked into her life and swept her off her feet, fledgling architect Jane Boyle’s world has become an absolute fairy tale. When he proposes with a stunning 5-carat diamond to seal the deal, Jane can’t believe her incredible fortune and decides to leave her Paris-based job and make a new start with Malcolm in New York.

But when Malcolm introduces Jane to the esteemed Doran clan, one of the most feared and revered families of the New York City upper crust, Jane’s fairy tale takes a darker turn. Soon everything she thought she knew about the world and herself is upended, and Jane is left to struggle with newfound magical abilities and the threat of those who will stop at nothing to get them. Bringing together the dual fascinations of high society and black magic, 666 Park Avenue is a story of a young woman’s discovery and survival when her mother-in-law to-be turns out to be a horrible, grasping witch…literally.

Darkness lurks behind the gilded halls of New York high society, and the elite Upper East Side Witches who rule Park Avenue.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

666 Park Avenue by Gabriella Pierce was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,101,983 books! | Top bar: Always visible