666 Park Avenue by Gabriella Pierce

666 Park Avenue

by Gabriella Pierce

Series: 666 Park Avenue (1)

I have really been looking forward to reading this book. The summary was intriguing and it was a nice change from the vampires that are so popular right now. In the end, it didn't disappoint. No big life lessons here, but straight fantasy/escape. It was easy to read, light in subject and ended nicely, while paving the way for the next book in the series. The story was a little rushed at times, and many things were a bit beyond belief (and I'm talking the level of the friendships here and not the witchcraft), but any more detail on these extraneous items may have proven to be verbose. I thought it was a tidy, fun read. A little sex, but not overdone.
  CarmenMilligan | Jan 18, 2016 |
Bring on the next one - loved it! ( )
  SineadB | Dec 7, 2015 |
Bring on the next one - loved it! ( )
  SineadB | Dec 7, 2015 |
2½ stars. I wanted to read before the tv series premiered and it was a quick read so was a perfectly good read. Jane was initially a likable character that did eventually get a clue and a backbone (maybe a little too slowly for my tastes). A bit of New-York-shopping-mecca-social-climbing with some 1970's style gothic eeriness thrown in (stayed strictly paranormal with overbearing mother-in-law-to-be without degenerating into horror genre). Even with developing mind-reading abilities the other characters in the book came off pretty flat, initial romance ickily sweet and made Jane somewhat of a doormat or would have rated another star for me.

There are elements there that could make a good TV series and the previews look good so will watch the TV pilot (hopefullly series has someone else responsible for her relative's death, that revelation was unpleasant for me particularly as seemed to not be any really big deal to Jane or have repercussions--after all aren't you supposed to understand/have-sympathy-for and forgive people with messed up childhood or family dynamics...yuck, yuck, yuck!)

Have second in series with a description that sounds like could be interesting twists. Not sure when or if will read. ( )
  Spurts | Oct 29, 2015 |
Nice little romance, not really my thing, as I know nearly nothing about the stuff mentioned the female hero wears. Also she was surprisingly weak both in person and in writing. My main reason for reading this has also missed the point: the TV-Show, at least the first Episode only shares a few things with the book, although the author is mentioned as having co-written the TV-Show. Despite having the same title, the show has nearly as much in common with the book as say "Practical Magic" - which I liked better, both the film and the book. Also I am not sure, whether I like the stile of the TV-Show, I will decide after the third episode, if I drop it (currently likely). As often in US-TV they toy with Sex without showing enough (there are exceptions, eg Dexter, True Blood), which I find rather disappointing. Although not really interesting written, at least the book differs here and has a few scenes.

As for reading on, I will also read the second book, but will take a break for now and read something more to my liking (hopefully), e.g. Maximum Ride #4.

As a side-note, I agree with the 3-star-review (2.5) by Kim Taylor, who likes the TV-Jane (and series) more. ( )
  Ingo.Lembcke | Oct 27, 2015 |

Gabriella Pierceprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kain, AmandaCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sturge, DiahannDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"'Twirl.'"

Ever since fabulously wealthy Malcolm Doran walked into her life and swept her off her feet, fledgling architect Jane Boyle’s world has become an absolute fairy tale. When he proposes with a stunning 5-carat diamond to seal the deal, Jane can’t believe her incredible fortune and decides to leave her Paris-based job and make a new start with Malcolm in New York.

But when Malcolm introduces Jane to the esteemed Doran clan, one of the most feared and revered families of the New York City upper crust, Jane’s fairy tale takes a darker turn. Soon everything she thought she knew about the world and herself is upended, and Jane is left to struggle with newfound magical abilities and the threat of those who will stop at nothing to get them. Bringing together the dual fascinations of high society and black magic, 666 Park Avenue is a story of a young woman’s discovery and survival when her mother-in-law to-be turns out to be a horrible, grasping witch…literally.

Darkness lurks behind the gilded halls of New York high society, and the elite Upper East Side Witches who rule Park Avenue.

14 wanted4 pay2 pay

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

666 Park Avenue by Gabriella Pierce was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,185,869 books! | Top bar: Always visible