A Prince among Frogs (Tales of the Frog…

A Prince among Frogs (Tales of the Frog Princess) (edition 2010)

by E. D. Baker

Member:the1butterfly
Title:A Prince among Frogs (Tales of the Frog Princess)
Authors:E. D. Baker
Info:Bloomsbury USA Children's Books (2010), Hardcover, 224 pages
Tags:Fairy Tale, Fantasy, Frog Prince

A Prince Among Frogs by E. D. Baker

I'm sorry, but the premise is getting more stale, the characterizations and themes more thin, and the adventures more contrived. Two stars means 'it was ok' and it was. And if there comes a book 9 and my library system buys it, I'll read it. But I'm wondering if my overall rec. for this series for you is 'read the first, then stop.' ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
I'm very sad that the series is over, but this book, like all the others in the series, was wonderful. Baker's stories are funny and fascinating, and it was good seeing Millie come into her own. I thought Auden and the romance was win, and I'm happy with the series, though, again, I'm sad to see it over. ( )
  the1butterfly | Mar 7, 2011 |
Reviewed by Kira M for TeensReadToo.com

With their wedding just around the corner, Millie and Audun have their hands full getting the castle ready for a celebration filled with dragons, humans, and people on both sides who don't like each other.

When Millie's mother, father, great-aunt, and great-uncle all get called away on magical business, Millie, Audun, and her cousin, Francis, are left to take care of the kingdom and whatever other business comes up. When her little brother, Felix, is kidnapped while she's away taking care of other matters, Millie must find the power within herself to save her brother.

The problem, however, is that she has no witch magic to speak of, her parents have gone missing from their original destination, and Olebald the wizard is bent on getting his revenge against her family and their kingdom. Can Millie save the day?

A must-read for anyone who likes fantasy and has read the other books in THE TALES OF THE FROG PRINCESS series. The characters are well-developed and true to their natures. The story is filled with lots of adventure, action, and high stakes. The plot is gripping and holds the reader's interest.

Those who like fantasy, magic, action, and adventure will all enjoy reading A PRINCE AMONG FROGS. ( )
  GeniusJen | Dec 9, 2010 |
Millie leaned back against the dragon's side, enjoying the coolness of his bluish white scales on the hot summer day.

Princess Millie and her fiancé, Audun, are busy preparing for their wedding when trouble starts brewing in Greater Greensward. Millie's baby brother, Felix, has been kidnapped and is trapped in a swamp full of other frogs. With all the adults busy fixing problems elsewhere in the kingdom, it's up to Millie and Audun to find him—but they need all the help they can get to fight the family's oldest nemesis, the angry wizard Olebald. From the deep blue sea to the soaring skies, our two heroes will stop at nothing to get their families back together and banish all the troublemakers for good.

While Princess Millie and her dragon fiance prepare for their wedding, the entire royal family of Greater Greensward teams up to find Millie's baby brother, who has been kidnapped and turned into a frog.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,988,622 books! | Top bar: Always visible