Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick

Info:EgmontUSA (2011), Hardcover, 480 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Ilsa Bick, zombies, post-apocalyptic, book 1

Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick

English (90)  Italian (1)  All languages (91)
I'll knock a star off for YA romance shenanigans, but other than that, this is great - an apocalypse plus zombies that is not actually a zombie apocalypse, covering everything from wilderness survival to creepy cult towns. And all in the first book of the trilogy! I ( )
  jen.e.moore | Oct 22, 2014 |
Ashes By Ilsa J Bick This book started out with me just wanting to kick an 8 year old's whiney butt. She did get better once the story got rolling so I gave in and didn't run her down.

This book was really good read for me. Had some survival skills going on and of course the kids in the story that have been "changed". Not really zombies because they are still alive but yes alive and eating other peoples is still pretty gross. But what do I do? Read every thing I can get my greedy little hands on that have to do with them.
Poor Alex's character in this book just couldn't win for losing. You would think that she was going to catch a break and bam! it would go against her every stinking time. The whole thing with the dogs though. That was pretty cool that they could sense who was about to turn or "change."

Alright;I hate giving things away in my reviews but I just put in at the library for the rest of this series and most series books just tick me off. So that's says something about how much I liked this one. ( )
  bookqueenshelby | Sep 9, 2014 |
I would have given it 4 stars, but the ending messed it up for me. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |
I really enjoyed the fast paced plot of this novel and will be heading out to buy book #2 in the trilogy. ( )
  kimpiddington | Jul 26, 2014 |
Gave up though it started well--skipped to end which sounded pretty disgusting. ( )
  FaithLibrarian | Jun 19, 2014 |

Ilsa J. Bickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kellgren, KatherineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I tell you the past is a bucket of ashes...Carl Sandburg
For David, now and always.
Prolouge: "Where are you?" Aunt Hannah demanded as soon as Alex thumbed talk.
Chapter 1: Four days later, Alex perched on a knuckle of bone-cold rock and whittled an alder branch to a toothpick as she waited for her coffee water to boil.

Alex, a resourceful seventeen-year-old running from her incurable brain tumor, Tom, who has left the war in Afghanistan, and Ellie, an angry eight-year-old, join forces after an electromagnetic pulse sweeps through the sky and kills most of the world's population, turning some of those who remain into zombies and giving the others superhuman senses.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,922,878 books! | Top bar: Always visible