Passion by Lauren Kate
    The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller (Sukisue7)
    Sukisue7: Similar themes of past lives, reincarnation, soul mates.
    My Name Is Memory by Ann Brashares (Sukisue7)
    Sukisue7: Similar themes of past lives, past histories, reincarnation, soul mates.
    Unearthly by Cynthia Hand (snazz)

This has been my least favorite of the series so far. However, the ending was great, so now I'll have to read the next one.

Luce time travels with the sole purpose of finding out why her and Daniel love each other and to find out about the curse. If you were her, where would you start?? Well, she doesn't start there. In the end, we get to read about Daniel reliving the delivery of the curse, but as far as I could tell, Luce wasn't there. So, she still doesn't understand the role she plays. And I still don't know why they're so in love. Because they're soul-mates??

But, in the interest of finding out what happens in the impending war, I will probably read on...Maybe. ( )
  Raeadav | Mar 25, 2016 |
I reached chapter 6 in 2 hours or so, but I'm not sure I like how the story is turning, the whole "Bill" the gargoyle (I don't like Bill) and Luce's journey seems like Alice in Wonderland but more like "Luce Down Memory Lane", instead of The Caterpillar we get The Gargoyle!! Let's see what will happen next before I judge the book! I hope it gets better!

I reached chapter 10 now, half of the book, but I'm not liking this book like the first two parts. Luce is only dying and dying... We already know that Daniel loves her. But till now the book hasn't answered any important or insignificant questions for me. I hate books like that: A journey with no destination!

It was nice to see that Daniel and Cam are actually brothers. I like Cam a lot, even if he's evil.

I knew there was something wrong with Bill, but as always Luce is so stupid to notice anything important but Daniel.

The author made the last chapter in heaven, and made God speak about fallen angels, she didn't say the word "God" but called Him the Throne. I respected her imagination in imagining heaven and the creation day. But she can't say God made a mistake and made angels fall. Even Adam and Eve had a choice but they decided to disobey God and pick the forbidden fruit. God never makes mistakes, everything that happen happens at His well. Heaven and Hell and everything ever created from Humans, angels and demons are all under His well. It's silly to see her create a whole history that is not even accurate or believable.

The author just destroyed the whole series for me! I hope she redeems herself in the last installment! ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |

mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
After the first two books, this one came really out of left field for me. I didn't like the change of time period and the mythology really overwhelmed the story and dramatically slowed down the plot. I gladly could have skipped this one and gone right to the last book. ( )
  lovelypenny | Feb 4, 2016 |
When it comes to the Fallen series, Lauren Kate & I have this love/ hate thing going on. I thought the 3rd book, Passion, would change that cause I enjoyed Torment a lot more than the first book. However, Passion left me with more drive to just get the series over with!

Pro #1: In the first 2 books, there is this endless talk about Luce & Daniel's past lives. In the 3rd book we finally get a glimpse into each era in which they fell in love. I enjoyed the historical aspects of Passion and thought that the setting in each place Luce visited her past self was very well done.

Con #1: At the risk of sounding violent, Luce needs a good kick in the shin! I thought how she was portrayed in this book was absolutely awful. She whined through most of the book about how she had to find out about her past self then whined about how she just wants Daniel. I found her attitude very childish and the fact that all the other characters in the book were based around her and her actions ridiculous. I'm not big fans of books where the main character is in a constant state of "whoa is me", especially when they are the reason that they're in that particular situation.

Pro #2: I liked that the author finally gives us the back story behind Cam. We are able to understand why he is the way he is and what made him that way. Even in the first 2 books, you can tell that Daniel & Cam at one point were very close but that relationship has been damaged. It was heartbreaking and actually made sense as to why Cam is so bitter and angry at times. I loved the fact that you get to see a side of him that you wouldn't have really seen if time traveling wasn't a big part of this book.

Con #2: Oh, Bill! I'm all for Luce having a guide to help her sort out the past but I could not take the character Bill as a serious part of the book. As the book goes on he just seems like he would better fit for a children's book. Honestly, I just think he was not at all thought out and seems like a last minute right in.

Apart of me is beyond ready to read the final book in the series but then again I have grown attached to the characters. Which is where Lauren Kate & I's love/hate relationship comes into play. I think this book is just a stepping stone to set up the final book and I am interested to see how everything wraps up. ( )
  justwordedlines | Feb 12, 2015 |

Desperate to unlock the curse that condemns her love for Daniel, Luce revisits her past incarnations trying to understand her fate, but Daniel is chasing her throughout the centuries in order to keep her from rewriting their history.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,956,381 books! | Top bar: Always visible