Passion by Lauren Kate
    The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller (Sukisue7)
    Sukisue7: Similar themes of past lives, reincarnation, soul mates.
    My Name Is Memory by Ann Brashares (Sukisue7)
    Sukisue7: Similar themes of past lives, past histories, reincarnation, soul mates.
    Unearthly by Cynthia Hand (snazz)

Paranormal romance

There isn’t anything Luce wouldn’t do for Daniel including dying. Throughout time Luce and Daniel find each other only to have it all end with Luce’s death, over and over. And Daniel is left alone each and every time. It leaves Luce wondering if there isn’t another way.

Luce thinks someone or something in one of her past lives can show her how to stop it in her present life so Daniel and she can be together without her dying yet again. So Luce begins a journey through her different pasts to find the key that will have their love surviving this time around.

Cam, the legions of angels and the Outcasts are determined to catch Luce as she travels back but only Daniel is truly desperate. As Daniel chases Luce through the pasts that they have shares he is afraid of what will happen if she manages to rewrite their histories. If Luce manages that it just might take a romance that has lasted through the ages and sending it up in flames but permanently this time around.

This is proving to be a series that stays with the reader even after they finish each book. The series pulls the reader in more and more with each book that is read. It will also have them hoping for a satisfying ending that has Daniel and Luce getting an ending fitting for a romance that has proved to last throughout time. This is proving to be a very intriguing series that has readers reaching for the next book just to see what will happen to all the characters next. This book in the series has some great twists that just add to the overall plot of the series that keeps readers guessing just where it will all end. It is also proving to be a very good romance. ( )
  lrhubble | Sep 20, 2014 |
I'm a bit surprised at myself. I've finished this one rather quickly, only taking a day and a half to read it. Scarily enough, I don't know if Lauren Kate's writing has pulled me in or I'm just keen to get it all over with. Because I tell you what, I'm getting sick and tired of Luce and Daniel and angels and all their goddamn (excuse the pun) drama.

At the end of Torment, Luce races off into an Announcer without any thought as to what she's doing or where she's going, leaving everyone shouting after her and in a rush to follow her to wherever and whenever the hell she's going. No surprise then that in Passion, Luce is just as thoughtless as ever. I have no idea why Daniel, Miles, Shelby & co all decided to chase her down, especially when Daniel was the only one to finally catch up with her. It took him for freaking ever and I hated his chapters even more than I hated Luce's. And guess what? At the end of all the crap we still don't know anything other than Luce falls for Daniel over and over and over again. But we don't know why. I actually can't believe that it will take until the fourth book, nearly 2000 pages into this series that we find out why they fall in love (I assume we will find out then?)

This time travel thing was possibly the worst plot device ever. It was so ridiculous to follow. And I swear if I had read the word 'destiny' one more time I would have thrown the book through the window, a la Bradley Cooper in The Silver Linings Playbook (I love that scene). How is it that none of the angels could remember something clearly so important? They all just developed bad memories or something? I know it was a long time ago but still that was kinda important and the whole reason this thing keeps happening. There are too many plot holes. Luce's personality changes every reincarnation. If you have the same soul each time, wouldn't you have the same personality? It's like Daniel is in love with a different girl each time, no wonder he doesn't get bored. Why is she rich and/or privileged in so many of her reincarnations? One time she was a slave. Big deal. And how does Daniel change his appearance almost completely every time depending on where Luce turns up?

You know, I was under the impression that Daniel accidentally finds Luce every time. That's not true. He seeks her out. Who does that? So you love her. And because you love her, she dies. Wouldn't that make you think, stop looking for her? Stop seeking her out and let her live a normal life! See why I am not convinced of their love? Luce gets so jealous all the time, to the point where she is jealous of the ground Daniel walks on and the relationships her past selves had with past Daniels, even though she always dies! She is ridiculously self-obsessed and I cannot believe that I couldn't read a single page without a mention of Daniel. What about your parents? What about Callie? What about Shelby and Miles? What about Trevor, Todd, Penn - the people whose deaths you are responsible for? Nope. Nothing else matters to Luce. And every time a character in this novel bagged out Luce and Daniel's relationship (Bill, Satan, Lucifer, whatever) I agreed. I totally agreed because this book is full of ridiculous trope. Paranormal is cool, but your book sucks when the relationship is not believable. ( )
  crashmyparty | Sep 5, 2014 |
Luce has gone through an announcer to go back in time, to visit other lifetimes she has had with Daniel in an attempt to find answers to the questions Daniel cannot answer. This has terrified Daniel, who is afraid that she may do something while she is traveling through the past that could destroy their future. He decides he has to find her somehow, so he steps through an announcer in order to try to follow her. The other angels and demons offer their help, but Daniel insists on finding her himself. Passion opens up on a scene with Miss Sophia and the other Guardians. This sets the stage to let the reader know that Luce is being hunted by something worse even than the Guardians and the Outcasts. In other words, Luce is in trouble. Passion follows Luce through many of her past lives and her past relationships with Daniel. It also follows Daniel’s travel through the past as he tries to find Luce. There are big consequences at stake if either of them make a mistake. Since they’re traveling in the past, anything they do could affect their future, positively or negatively.

I wasn’t as happy with Passion as I was with Fallen and Torment. That’s not to say it wasn’t a good book. It was. I just had trouble getting into this one and though some of my questions were answered, there are still some things that I don’t understand. I felt like Passion dragged in the beginning. It didn’t really snag my interest until about thirty percent in, or around Chapter 7. After that though, I was really into it. The further I got into the book, the more it became a page turner for me. The world building was excellent as Luce ends up in all kinds of times and places during her travels through the announcers. After reading Passion, I feel I understand more about the love Daniel and Luce feel for each other as well as the importance of it. I still would like to know why Daniel picked Luce though, what was it about her that caught his attention? There are still two more books to go, so hopefully an answer to that is coming. Overall, I liked Passion. I liked it least of the Fallen books I’ve read so far, but I would still recommend it.

You can find more of my reviews at http://bookwormbookreviews.com ( )
  Aeroette | Sep 4, 2014 |
This book picks up right off where the second left off. At first it was interesting, getting to see some of Luce's past lives, but then it got mind numbingly slow and dull and while I liked seeing all the different lives Luce has lived and how her relationship with Daniel progresses then tragically ends...it got rather dull and I found myself wondering where is this going and almost gave up.

But I'm so glad I didn't cause as the book progressed and we go through the different lives...Luce finally starts to learn things and there's some really beautiful passages over describing this epic connection with Daniel and the love they feel for each other no matter what.

Bill the gargoyle was actually one of my favourite things about this book, the snarky little character who pops in to help give Luce some direction. With a diabolically good twist at the end. Part of me thinks how did I not see that actually coming? But it was still good anyway. Which leads to the set up of the final novel in the series.

This series is the first fallen angel YA paranormal romance series I read and its one of my favourites. And one I've actually read more than the first book in. Its a weird one because I'm not even sure why I like it so much. i just do. ( )
  sunset_x_cocktail | Aug 20, 2014 |
i really liked the first book, but from it just went down hill from there ( )
  AmandaEmma | Mar 26, 2014 |

Desperate to unlock the curse that condemns her love for Daniel, Luce revisits her past incarnations trying to understand her fate, but Daniel is chasing her throughout the centuries in order to keep her from rewriting their history.

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,975,724 books! | Top bar: Always visible