Passion (Fallen) by Lauren Kate

Passion (Fallen) (edition 2012)

by Lauren Kate

Series: Fallen (3)

Member:sushiii3356
Title:Passion (Fallen)
Authors:Lauren Kate
Info:Delacorte Books for Young Readers (2012), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 464 pages

Passion by Lauren Kate

The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller (Sukisue7)
    Sukisue7: Similar themes of past lives, reincarnation, soul mates.
    My Name Is Memory by Ann Brashares (Sukisue7)
    Sukisue7: Similar themes of past lives, past histories, reincarnation, soul mates.
    Unearthly by Cynthia Hand (snazz)

okay, I I'd have to say that this isn't my favorite book in the series. I mean, all it is is she's going back in time, "Omigod, Daniel loved me even when I was a bitchy spoiled brat, but I died anyway, boohoo!" so on and so forth. i felt it was really predictable and not very interesting. the only good part thing in this book was Bill, and I saw what happened with him coming too.
And, taking into consideration that I found this book in a list of Beautiful Book Covers is just wrong. This book's cover is lame and ugly. I mean, with the first book in the series, that was a good cover. It had a striking composition, she was wearing a pretty dress, I wanted to FIND her and steal her gloves, because they were TO DIE FOR, and the forest in the background made sense cuz she and Daniel had some scenes in a forest, so yeah. Second book, again, she'd wearing a pretty dress,she's doing something cool with her hair and her hands and she's on a rocky shore, which, again, makes sense cuz she went to Shoreline School. But the caver of Passion just didn't do it for me. I mean, her dress is ugly, her hands are awkward, the rose is just there for no reason at all and doesn't add anything, the background is kind of "Huh?" and her face RUINS it. I just don't think they knew what to do with that cover and they tried to do something and it didn't work. ( )
  Monica_P | Nov 22, 2018 |
3.5 stars ( )
  thepageparamour | Sep 9, 2018 |
The second was a disappointment, this one didn’t improve much. What kept me going was the curiosity about their past lives, when where and how they came to meet. But besides that, I felt this stalling really annoyed with luce personality. ( )
  neosofia | Jun 19, 2018 |
This was another book where Lauren Kate let me down until the very end.This book was so slow and repetitive the end however was a huge cliff hanger and did leave me wanting more.
This book begins with Luce portaling through time. She is new to the portal however so she has some trouble and ends up lost in a lot of different times. Luce is searching for answers why does she have to die every 17 years why is Daniel her soul mate she is highly confused but then as she is traveling through and announcer she is stopped in some cave like structure and meets a small gargoyle named Bill. Luce then is assisted by Bill in her travels through time. Meanwhile Daniel is searching for Luce and always seems to be one step behind. Many of Luce's other friends are also trying to find her but no luck yet. Bill then teaches Luce to converge her soul into her past life's body and begins to use that to try and find answers. Luce travels from Moscow, Russia to When heaven was literally being created.Luce then finds out that Daniel is not afraid of losing Luce but of Luce herself. Bill then convinces Luce to kill her eternal soul the thing binding her and Daniel's curse. Luce then decides not to kill her soul because she could never be without Daniel. Bill is really mad a transforms into Satan. Luce is shocked and realizes Bill has been trying to get Luce to kill her soul so Daniel would have nothing left in the universe to love and he would join the "dark side". This is because for a very long time Heaven and Hell have been trying to get all the fallen angles to pick sides thus making their side more powerful. Lucifer needed only one more angle to join his side so he could be stronger than Heaven. So Lucifer starts to plot his next plan to win Daniel.
  JuliannS.B2 | May 31, 2018 |
At first, I didn't like how Lauren Kate decided to write the book and Luce's travel through time but by the middle of the book, you completely understand it. The third book explains why the curse is what it is and shows Luce, how strong Daniels love is for her and she realizes how strong her love is for him. It really fills in the missing pieces readers didn't get in Fallen or Torment. I cant wait for the last book and to see how everything sums up. I really dont think its a horrible series as everyone thinks it is. It's a love story and if your complaining about the story of two people having true love be told again, then I guess we need to stop writing books, bcuz I'm pretty sure most books have that plot line. Also people who say her writting is horrible, obviously she's doing something right if she's published. Maybe just you dont like her writing, which happens a lot, or you're just jealous because she actually has her work out there. ( )
  IntrovertedBooks | Mar 26, 2018 |
Failing to catch me at first keep encouraged,
Missing me one place search another,
I stop somewhere waiting for you.

—WALT WHITMAN, Song of Myself
For M and T,
heaven-sent messengers
A shot rang out.

Desperate to unlock the curse that condemns her love for Daniel, Luce revisits her past incarnations trying to understand her fate, but Daniel is chasing her throughout the centuries in order to keep her from rewriting their history.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,851,970 books! | Top bar: Always visible