Family Affair by Debbie Macomber

Family Affair (edition 2011)

by Debbie Macomber

Collections:Your library, Read but unowned
Rating:**
Tags:audiobook 2011, read 2011, fiction

Family Affair by Debbie Macomber

This book was okay. It was a quick read that you can get done in a few hours. It doesn't really dip into the characters that much that you get to know them really well. It was more of a fly-by of their lives. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
A short story on audio – a cute and light romantic comedy about a woman after her divorce—she and her cat move next door to Jack with a Tom cat (named Dog) and issues with his sister. The pair end up with a family. Not a fan of cats; however was entertaining and the narrator did a good job. ( )
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |
Typical romance novel....girl is pursued by hunk of a neighbor, hunk finally gets the chance he is looking for with the girl, they fall in love and all ends well. ( )
  CheryleFisher | Sep 11, 2014 |
Cute, easy read. Took just a few hours. ( )
  jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |
And Verizon Internet crapped out just as I hit save on this review. It wasn't long but I still want to cry a little. I think I got everything back, if not the same wording. *sigh*

This was a short, saccharine little thing. Basically someone asked her to write a story with cats, and she came through. I am not even close to being a cat person, but that part of the story was minor and only served as a catalyst (*rimshot*) for our diffident couple to get closer to each other. I liked the infatuated neighbor story, a lot. I loved that there were actual dates and hanging out and getting to know each other before anything physical happened. Lacey was sweet and had endured a lot of hurt before we met her. Still, she could be kind of frustrating, until the end where she was sort of annoying. Jake was adorable, he made me want more of the two of them, until the end where he got kind of confusing.

In the last nine pages of the book there was suddenly some unnecessary drama added in, for what reason – other than forcing the inevitable conclusion – I really don't know. I couldn't understand what Jake and Lacey were saying to each other beyond Lacey overreacting before they could start a discussion. It's like they lost the ability to communicate with each other, and I was right there with them.

The writing was pretty simple but it was meant to be a quick little book. And the dialogue sometimes felt like it didn't quite fit in the present day time period. Otherwise, the majority of the story was a solid three until the end, which brought it down some. ( )
  OstensiblyA1 | Sep 20, 2013 |
"I've got the backbone of a worm" Lacey Lancaster muttered as she let herself into her apartment.

Keeping a low profile after a painful divorce, Lacey Lancaster spurns the advances of her handsome neighbor, Jack Walker, in spite of their cats' mutual attraction.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Debbie Macomber's book Family Affair was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,214,096 books! | Top bar: Always visible