If Tomorrow Comes by Sidney Sheldon

If Tomorrow Comes (original 1985; edition 1988)

by Sidney Sheldon

Member:rumpa12
Title:If Tomorrow Comes
Authors:Sidney Sheldon
Info:Grand Central Publishing (1988), Mass Market Paperback, 416 pages

If Tomorrow Comes by Sidney Sheldon (1985)

I read this book in Swedish!

I've seen the miniseries If Tomorrow Comes several times and I have read this book many years ago. But I wanted to read this book again since I've planned to read the sequel by Tilly Bagshawe. It's just been a couple of months since I saw the miniseries last, so my memory is quite fresh when it comes to the story. I must confess that I do prefer the miniseries, but I still love this book and they have made a very good job with the miniseries because most of the story is there from the book. Of course, there are some differences. Like for instance, Tracy meeting Jeff in the beginning of the miniseries instead on the train in the book. I much prefer how they first met in the miniseries, it feels more like fate than the one in the book. There are things like that in the book, like more heists, more dialog, and a different ending. But it works, the book is terrific and Sheldon really knew how to write an engaging story about a woman who after being framed fights back against those that framed her and then became a brilliant thief. It's just great fun to read this book, well the prison part is not so fun.

In Swedish, the title is Tracy's Hämnd, Tracy's revenge, but I kind of prefer the English title since there is a point towards the end when the title get's its explanation. And, that is such a wonderful moment.

A wonderful book made into a great miniseries with a very sexy young Tom Berenger!

MaraBlaise | Feb 9, 2016 |
I have read this years back - want to again. Love Sheldon.
  brenda3266 | Jan 24, 2016 |
I like this author and I've read many of his novels. ( )
  Marion_B | Jan 19, 2016 |
ok @ Tracy Whitney trapped into jail - gets out + gets even w/ everyone.

This is a story of intrigue and revenge. Tracy Whitney is young, beautiful and intelligent - and about to marry into wealth and glamour. Until, suddenly, she is betrayed, framed by a ruthless Mafia gang, abandoned by the man she loves. Only her ingenuity saves her and helps her fight back.
  christinejoseph | Sep 10, 2015 |
Tracy Whitney is sentenced to fifteen years imprisonment due to a frame-up. On her escape, she uses her intelligence, beauty and ice-cold nerve, in a vendetta against the mobsters responsible.
  melissa.gamador | Sep 11, 2014 |
Book was great! once I start reading it, all that ever stop from me reading is when my eyes closes and I start to snore.

For Barry with love
She undressed slowly, dreamily, and when she was naked, she selected a bright red negligee to wear so that the blood would not show.

Determined to destroy the untouchable crime lords who ruined her mothers life, an idealistic computer technician embarks on a series of dazzling escapades that carry her from New Orleans to London, Paris to Biarritz, and Madrid to Amsterdam.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,640,492 books! | Top bar: Always visible