Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Meat: A Kitchen Education

by James Peterson

Like well-honed knives, his books are indispensable tools for any kitchen enthusiast, from the novice home cook, to the aspiring chef, to the seasoned professional. Meat- A Kitchen Education is Peterson's guide for carnivores, with more than 175 recipes and 550 photographs that offer a full range of meat and poultry cuts and preparation techniques, presented with Peterson's unassuming yet authoritative style.… (more)

Winner of a 2011 James Beard award, James Peterson has again outdone himself. I am not sure that I completely agree with his personal philosophy of eating less meat, but I completely agree that we should eat better meat, and that we should enjoy it more.

The author covers all of the major meat groups but does it with a great eye toward classical cuisine. The recipes are always first-rate and easy to follow, his photographs are beautiful, and should he give up cooking, I think that Mr. Peterson could easily make a living as a photographer. ( )
  icadams | Jul 26, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,719,399 books! | Top bar: Always visible