Path of the stray by Kim Falconer

Path of the stray (edition 2010)

by Kim Falconer

Member:VesnaC
Title:Path of the stray
Authors:Kim Falconer
Info:Pymble, N.S.W. : HarperVoyager, 2010.
Collections:own, Your library, To read
Tags:fantasy, australian author

Path of the Stray by Kim Falconer

This review was written by the author.
I'm rereading again and creating 'work sheets' in preparation for the ISF Book Club launch! So thrilled. It is amazing, and also confronting, to revisit my worlds of Earth and Gaela yet again. I've missed these people! Of course I see things I want to add to or do differently but a book can only be so long and at some point we have to say 'done'! Overall I love this intro to the Quantum E saga. Immediately I want to go on to the next book, Road to the Soul! That bodes well . . . for the future :) ( )
  KimFalconer | Jan 29, 2017 |
21st Century Earth is a stark and depressive place where the airs polluted filled with smog, the seas are filled with death and the lands are barren, tainted. Despite this Luka Paree and Janis Richter are discovering that together they are able to create new life and a hope for the future of Earth, however their actions will affect worlds.

It seems the only way to survive on this changing Earth is to work for ASSIST, but working undercover Ruby must live with the fear of discovery, if her Lupin heritage were to be exposed, if her witchcraft were to be found out, even her womanhood places her in danger. However with little animal life left on Earth the newly born Lupins are in danger of discovery, but even on Gaela their presence has not go by unnoticed.

Jarrod has also been left alone in a new world with only instructions to wait, they would come for him when it was safe, someone would come, but that could take days, years or centuries. So while in Gaela Jarrod might as well make the most of it. However his encounter with Tryn and her mysterious familiar will set of a chain of events that will lead Jarrod farther then he expected while changing Tryn's life forever.

Path Of The Stray leads to self discovery, a new home and a willingness to risk everything to save Jarrod and with him Earth. For those who have followed Rosette through the corridors between worlds and navigated the portals of time this story will take you back to where it all began. An epic story that seamlessly mingles science and technology with sociology, environmentalism, philosophy, and magic. A unique series that must be read. ( )
  LarissaBookGirl | Apr 5, 2011 |
For my sister Shawn,
the ruby in my heart.

A fabulous new trilogy set in the popular worlds of Quantum Enchantment With Gaela on the brink of temple wars, a curious apprentice and her invisible familiar find themselves in the wrong place at the worst possible time. Tryn and Quill accidentally awaken the portal Entity, unleashing powers beyond their skill to contain. Meanwhile, in a distant Earth, Janis the ‘techno-witch’ has her hands full. Between her daughter Ruby’s obsession with the Lupin pups and Jarrod’s outbursts at ASSIST, drastic actions must be taken. When they cross through the portal to Gaela, Jarrod vanishes and one of the Lupins is lost. In a desperate search Ruby discovers what must be done for them all to survive, but there may be a high price to pay.

The magical lands of Gaela are on the brink of war when Tryn Bistoria finds herself trapped in the taboo caves above Corsanon.

Kim Falconer is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,622,627 books! | Top bar: Always visible