Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Favourite Books (48)
Five star books (19)
Books Read in 2016 (651)
Best of Brit Lit (92)
Plays I Like (3)
Ambleside Books (135)
Overdue Podcast (57)
The Greatest Books (73)
Folio Society (584)
My favourite books (94)
Unread books (988)
Is contained in
Is retold in
Has the adaptation
Was inspired by
Has as a reference guide/companion
Has as a study
Has as a supplement
Has as a commentary on the text
Has as a student's study guide
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 074348276X, Mass Market Paperback)Folger Shakespeare Library
The world's leading center for Shakespeare studies
Each edition includes:
• Freshly edited text based on the best early printed version of the play
• Full explanatory notes conveniently placed on pages facing the text of the play
• Scene-by-scene plot summaries
• A key to famous lines and phrases
• An introduction to reading Shakespeare's language
• An essay by an outstanding scholar providing a modern perspective on the play
• Illustrations from the Folger Shakespeare Library's vast holdings of rare books
Essay by Susan Snyder
The Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington, D.C., is home to the world's largest collection of Shakespeare's printed works, and a magnet for Shakespeare scholars from around the globe. In addition to exhibitions open to the public throughout the year, the Folger offers a full calendar of performances and programs.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:02 -0400)
An ageing king makes a capricious decision to divide his realm among his three daughters according to the love they express for him. When the youngest daughter refuses to take part in this charade, she is banished, leaving the king dependent on her manipulative and untrustworthy sisters.
2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.
An edition of this book was published by Yale University Press.
An edition of this book was published by Sourcebooks MediaFusion.
2 editions of this book were published by Recorded Books.
Editions: 1456104691, 144987682X
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.