Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Favourite Books (45)
Plays I Like (1)
Recommended Brit Lit (157)
Folio Society (558)
Ambleside Books (177)
Unread books (988)
Is contained in
Is retold in
Has the adaptation
Was inspired by
Has as a study
Has as a commentary on the text
Has as a student's study guide
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English (1)
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 074348276X, Mass Market Paperback)Folger Shakespeare Library
The world's leading center for Shakespeare studies
Each edition includes:
• Freshly edited text based on the best early printed version of the play
• Full explanatory notes conveniently placed on pages facing the text of the play
• Scene-by-scene plot summaries
• A key to famous lines and phrases
• An introduction to reading Shakespeare's language
• An essay by an outstanding scholar providing a modern perspective on the play
• Illustrations from the Folger Shakespeare Library's vast holdings of rare books
Essay by Susan Snyder
The Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington, D.C., is home to the world's largest collection of Shakespeare's printed works, and a magnet for Shakespeare scholars from around the globe. In addition to exhibitions open to the public throughout the year, the Folger offers a full calendar of performances and programs.
(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:42:25 -0400)
An ageing king makes a capricious decision to divide his realm among his three daughters according to the love they express for him. When the youngest daughter refuses to take part in this charade, she is banished, leaving the king dependent on her manipulative and untrustworthy sisters.
Seven editions of this book were published by Audible.com.
Two editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.
An edition of this book was published by Beacon Press.
An edition of this book was published by Yale University Press.
An edition of this book was published by Sourcebooks MediaFusion.
An edition of this book was published by Columbia University Press.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.