Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner

Little Earthquakes (2004)

by Jennifer Weiner

I enjoyed this book and read all the way to the end to find out what happened to each of the four main characters on their journey through pregnancy and new motherhood. I usually don’t like “chick-lit” and can’t remember where this book came from (Oh dear, I hope no one is expecting it back). It will make a good Lifetime or Hallmark Channel movie. (Yes, I watch them when no one is looking. Especially the super-sappy Christmas movies.) ( )
  memccauley6 | May 3, 2016 |
Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner follows four women as they navigate the life change that is motherhood. While bonding over new motherhood they four women forge strong friendships and eventually a support network for one another as they encounter difficulties and challenges that life sometimes throws at us. Both humorous and thought provoking Little Earthquakes will leave you wishing you could continue to follow the journeys of the very relatable characters Weiner has created. ( )
  LauHen | Apr 30, 2016 |
Discovered and old review (more like a letter) for this book. I have this book as a hardcover.(Had forgotten it is a bookcrossing book)

On Friday, April 01, 2005 I wrote on Bookcrossing.com

9 out of 10
Hi well I am reading Little earthquakes right now. I have wanted to read it but decided to try and safe this book for a rainy day. Glad I did because I love reading jennifer Weiner's books. I do think this book is a bit different then her 2 other books.This one reminds me more of the books I used to love Like Class reunion by Rona Jaffe. books about 3 or 4 different women who know each other or will meet later in the story. I love those kind of books.

will update this journal while reading. Right now i am at page 63

Update april 5 2005

This was just a joy to read. I really hated it when I reached the last 3 chapters. i wanted to read more about those women's lives

loved it great christmas present ( )
  Marlene-NL | Mar 12, 2016 |
Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner
4 Philadelphia women bond with each other about marriage and becoming a mother.
Becky's mother in law is not one of her liking.
Kelly struggles with a spouse that is unemployed.
Aindie copes with a superstar athletic and Lea hides a terrible secret.
Together they can overcome all struggles as they lean on each other.
  jbarr5 | Aug 21, 2015 |
"Jennifer Weiner is always there for a good laugh with her sense of humor! " ( )
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |

Jennifer Weinerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Leskinen, TerhiTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"What is REAL?" asked the Rabbit one day, when they were
lying side by side near the nursery fender, before Nana came to
tidy the room. "Does it mean having things that buzz inside you
and a stick-out handle?"
"Real isn't how you are made," said the Skin Horse. "It's a
thing that happens to you. when a child loves you for a long,
long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then
you become real."
"Does it hurt?" asked the Rabbit.
"Sometimes," said the Skin Horse, for he was always truth-
ful. "When you are Real you don't mind being hurt."
&mdash Margery Williams
The Velveteen Rabbit
For Lucy Jane
I watched her for three days, sitting by myself in the park underneath an elm tree, beside an empty fountain with a series of uneaten sandwiches in my lap and my purse at my side.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0743470109, Paperback)

Jennifer Weiner, whose novels Good in Bed and In Her Shoes earned her a place among women's book club aficionados everywhere, proves she still has the touch with Little Earthquakes, a tale of love, heartbreak, redemption, and friendship. Weiner's novel centers around four new mothers, all of whom must learn to adjust their lives and their marriages to deal with the challenges of raising children.

Ayinde is a beautiful, biracial newscaster who moves to Philadelphia after her husband, a star player for the NBA, is traded to the 76ers. She meets Becky, an overweight chef who plays the "pregnant or just fat" game every time she passes a mirror, and Kelly, an overachieving event planner who has her whole life mapped out down to the most minute details, after going into labor at a prenatal yoga class. The three become fast friends, and come to rely on each other for everything from burping techniques to intense emotional support. The group grows to include Lia, a semi-famous Hollywood starlet who leaves her husband and returns to Philly after a sudden tragedy.

While Little Earthquakes may leave little to the imagination, and some of the characters are laughably stereotypical (the Mama's boy Jewish doctor and the cheating ball player, to name a few), it is Weiner's gift for creating compelling characters with whom her readers can identify that make her such a successful storyteller. --Gisele Toueg

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:50 -0400)

Un chef, un planificador de eventos, y la esposa de un jugador de baloncesto de encontrar sus matrimonios y carreras en Filadelfia cuestionado por la nueva maternidad, horarios difciles, y la infidelidad.

Jennifer Weiner is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,887,066 books! | Top bar: Always visible