Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley

Graffiti Moon (2010)

by Cath Crowley, cath crowley, cath Crowley

English (40)  Italian (1)  All languages (41)
Dad .. Dad please I want to study in Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology :'(
I want to write a book like this !

If you ask me how you reach this book , I don't know what I'll answer but it was Great
the style of writing ,the characters and the dialogue.
and what encourages this is that I'm in love with Australia and I really saw the difference between the American atmosphere in the story and the Aussie one.
here we can say that the centering is on the feelings on the mind's of the heroine and the differences in each others Point of view while in the American Style we see the description of bodies , desires , kisses and it is too much !!!
after I read the Aussie one I prefer it :D

I like like like the unknown-guy relationship she just love what he draws , understand his feeling, his personality hisgoal behind every brush path without seeing him or without even talking with him !
that's so ideal ! you may like people by their appearance , their body type or their smile that's could be but when you like someone's own personality it's the Best of the BEST ;) and it is assured

"I get this
heavy feeling when I daydream about him. I’m not awake and I’m not asleep. I’m in a soft blue
corridor that runs between the two."

"I feel very sure about that. He’ll be a guy who talks about art,
not an arse grabber. And like Dad says, love and romance are things worth waiting for."

yes that's a prove

Note: the cover is GREAT :"D ( )
  Soplada | Feb 27, 2014 |
I knew within a few chapters that I was going to love this book. I was so confident I'd already reserved another of Crowley's books to read. And my instinct was sound.

The two main characters are genuine on every level, the supporting cast is dynamic and the plot is just unique enough to escape the moniker of "formulaic". At a time when books for girls flood the market, this is a romance that a guy could pick up and not hate immediately. That's quite an accomplishment.

I appreciated how Crowley approached the soul of artists from multiple perspectives and crafts. Many books that address art focus on just one medium, this compares and contrasts between several. It creates introspection about the emotional and creative life of artists.

This story will resonate with anyone who views the world differently than the mean (that's my way of describing what others usually call the norm or average, because when people say the average or norm they are really talking about the people who fall in the middle of the continuum of whatever is being contemplated, discussed or experienced.) ( )
  Angelina-Justice | Feb 3, 2014 |

For a guy who often fumbles for words and associates a lot with pictures(I liked the image of 'jaunty'), Ed took my breath away. And quite often at that.

The entire book happens over a night and its the oddest night of their lives, for sure. Look past the little hiccups(night in a dark park alone, Malcolm Dowe, cockroaches ew) and immerse yourself in the flow of the book. I fell in love slowly and then all at once(Hazel Grace gets it). But Ed did me in. More than once. Lucy's pretty awesome too.

Everyone left an impression on me - Poet, Jazz, Daisy and Dylan. Even Leo's grandma. Who's probably the coolest grandma on the planet. She doesn't even appear in the book but clocking someone in the face when they're trying to sneak up on you, well she and I can definitely get along for sure.

Lucy's parental units are quirky and awesome. Even with the hiccups, I'd love to have them as my parents. Ed's Mom doesn't make much of an appearance. In the end, nothing much and everything changes. I love this book. I want to carry it around with me, inside me. ( )
  ashpapoye | Jan 24, 2014 |
Graffiti Moon has a lot of elements in it that I enjoy in contemporary books. I love books that take place over 24-hours, and this adventurous tale takes place over the course of an evening. The city hums with energy and there is a sense that anything can happen. The characters are all a little older, just facing adulthood and ready to conquer the world. Art is in the backdrop of the story, with Lucy’s glassblowing, Shadow’s graffiti art, and Poet’s poetry adding a creative vibe.

Lucy is smart and artistic and has a great sidekick, the psychic Jazz. She feels she and Shadow may be soul mates, but she keeps just missing him whenever she tries to find him. Ed has had a tough time of things, after dropping out of school, losing his girlfriend, and losing his mentor. He is feeling lost and directionless, though is passionate about art. He thought Lucy was someone who understood him, but their comically bad date seems to have shut the door to their relationship. They seem to barely tolerate each other at first, and it is fun to see them get reacquainted.

The story is told through Ed and Lucy’s alternating POV, so we can get a sense of who they are and their feelings toward each other. Over the course of the night, Lucy and Ed’s quirky friends, and the colorful strangers they encounter make for a fun and eventful evening. There is so much going on with them as they run around town on their quest, and even have to dodge a bad guy who is hot on their trail.

Reading this book is such an exhilarating experience. The chemistry and passion of the characters and energetic nature of the story makes it easy to fall for. The writing is vivid and gorgeous with sharp and witty dialogue. I could just picture Shadow’s paintings that covered the city. This exciting, hope filled time in their lives is expressed brilliantly and honestly. I didn’t want their night together to end.

This artistic and expressive story is easily one of my favorite reads of 2011 and one of the books that has me wanting to seek out more contemporary books. The friendships, passion, beauty, and adventure all added up to a breathtaking read that is reminiscent to Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist. If you are looking for an absorbing and heartfelt coming of age with romance and excitement, give this one a try. I can’t wait to read more from Cath Crowley. ( )
  readingdate | Jan 7, 2014 |
I absolutely loved this book!

It's sweet, sad and funny and all thing YA novels are supposed to be!

I'm starting to think there's something in the water Down Under because these Australian authors really know how to write really meaningful tales about teens. ( )
  joanasimao | Sep 28, 2013 |

Cath Crowleyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
crowley, cathmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Crowley, cathmain authorall editionsconfirmed
To Teresa and everyone in the room.
And to Esther, who read it first.
I pedal fast.

Told in alternating voices, an all-night adventure featuring Lucy, who is determined to find an elusive graffiti artist named Shadow, and Ed, the last person Lucy wants to spend time with, except for the fact that he may know how to find Shadow.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,510,205 books! | Top bar: Always visible