Bound for Texas by Gwyn Ramsey

Bound for Texas (edition 2010)

by Gwyn Ramsey

212,551,640 (4.5)None
Member:gwynramsey
Title:Bound for Texas
Authors:Gwyn Ramsey
Info:Sundowners (2010), Paperback
Rating:*****
Tags:Third book in historical family saga

Bound For Texas by Gwyn Ramsey

Recently added bylittle-sparrow, gwynramsey

I just completed this book that I won in the First Reads giveaway. This was a very fast, enjoyable read. It is a historical fictional account about settlers in the 1800’s in Kansas and Texas. I really got hooked once I got a few chapters into this book. I enjoyed the descriptions of life on the cattle drives and life on the prairie.

The characters in this book were interesting and diverse. The author did a good job of developing their different personalities. The book has a nice mix of action, adventure and even humor in spots. I even got teary eyed in a couple of parts. The writing was simplistic which I found as a relief. Ramsey is a good storyteller. Sometimes you just want to read a good story without trying to figure out hidden meanings and plots. I also appreciated the fact that there was not an over-abundance of fowl language that you find in so many novels today. What language there was fit the personality of the character and the plot of the story, so it was fine.

This was the third book in a series. I have not read the first two, but it didn’t hurt the telling of this tale, because there was plenty of description for it to be a stand alone novel. I look forward to reading the first two books and any future ones. I think anyone who likes westerns and historical fiction would enjoy this book. ( )
  little-sparrow | Nov 4, 2010 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,179,870 books! | Top bar: Always visible