Memories of Midnight by Sidney Sheldon

Memories of Midnight

by Sidney Sheldon

Wow. I used to love this authors books and since I've noticed I have a hard time falling asleep when I read a thriller I had to lay down the thriller and decided to pick this book to read.
(Well it did make me sleepy lol) I can see why i used to love these books but alas not anymore.
The story is so unrealistic it gets annoying.
well i still have a few books by this author (and I saved all my Dutch copies but I know now I can get rid of those) ( )
  Marlene-NL | Apr 12, 2013 |
Set in London and Greece, this is Sidney Sheldon's sequel to The Other Side of Midnight. Greek tycoon Constantin Demiris likes his revenge ice cold. Months after he had Catherine, his mistress, and the lover she betrayed him with executed, he decides to tie up loose ends by having everyone who can link him to the not entirely sucessful crime killed off.

Catherine is currently suffering from amnesia and Constantin can't stop toying with her, as she is basically the only one who knows enough to sink the shipping magnate. I enjoyed this book but found it slightly farfetched. I give it a B+! ( )
  moonshineandrosefire | Feb 6, 2012 |
The sequel to The Other Side of Midnight (which I am sure that I've read at some point), this is an easy read about Constantin Demiris and his plans to silence all those who know of his involvement in the death of his mistress and her lover.

No great in depth character development delivered or required - bad rich people are bad rich people, good people are good but naive and poor. Each get their own rewards - the bad people die, the good people fall in love, those somewhere in the middle fall either way depending on whose lot they've fallen into.
  nordie | Jun 17, 2011 |
Yeah. The plot changes even more rapidly than the characters' routine of shediing their clothes. Its like a stale veg fast food, that cant even give you a bad mouth. Worst book I ever read. ( )
  Acrackedportrait | Jun 14, 2009 |
Female wakes up with amnesia and tries to find the course of her life that lead to her memory loss.Too contrived. ( )
  FMRox | Mar 18, 2009 |
Sing me no songs of daylight,
For the sun is the enemy of lovers
Sing instead of shadows and darkness,
And memories of midnight

--Sappho
For Alexandra with love
Kowloon--May 1949

"It must look like an accident."
Ioannina, Greece--July 1948

She woke up screaming every night and it was always the same dream.

In The Other Side of Midnight, they played the ultimate game of love, lust, and death. Now, in Memories of Midnight, the survivors meet to play one last time...
Shadowed by tragedy and burdened by amnesia, a beautiful woman desperately tries to return to reality. She is Catherine Douglas, destined to once again challenge the cruel, charismatic power of Constantin Demiris, the Greek shipping tycoon who murdered Catherine's husband. Now, in the glittering capitals and carefree playgrounds of post-war Europe, Demiris sets his deadly sights on Catherine - and the single, treacherous secret whose shattering truth is known to her alone...

Demiris, a man obsessed with revenge, plots his final act of vengence for those who betrayed him.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,322,774 books! | Top bar: Always visible